Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Probably too late to change history, but who knows, especially if they call off the spinoff and install Bradley.

Either way my Veer and Touchpad both say "ha ha."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ar-as-ceo.html

<staff edit - added link>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/21/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    darkzone, Rnp, Xeron and 2 others like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Unfortunately the damage is already done, but it does feel sort of like someone (rightfully) pays for it.
    what is there to 'think' about here? The company has lost over 1/3 of it's value since apo***** took over
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    They are saying Meg Whitman might get the job.

Maybe HP is going to dump printers and hardware and software, and focus on providing a platform for second hand sales of touchpads.
    spud101 likes this.
    ebay's whitman to replace him

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ml#post3168218

I feel some relief, she is supposed to be very smart
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Doubt this move would bring WebOS hardware back, but it increases the chances slightly. Maybe.

Is Former eBay CEO Meg Whitman Being Considered for HP CEO Job to Repl - Kara Swisher - Enterprise - AllThingsD
    thanks

threads here
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...sept-20-a.html

And another thread also floating around
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Rumor has it Leo is just hanging around long enough to try to get his hands on one of the $99 TPs available to HP employees next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    rumor has it leo is just hanging around long enough to try to get his hands on one of the $99 tps available to hp employees next week.
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Rumor has it Leo is just hanging around long enough to try to get his hands on one of the $99 TPs available to HP employees next week.
    Okay....now that is funny!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    <<threads merged>>

And now my avatar is even more accurate.
    Soorma and RobWest like this.
    Breaking news: Bloomberg front page
    Bloomberg - Business & Financial News, Breaking News Headlines

edit: HP Board Said to Weigh Ousting Apotheker as CEO, Ebay'S Whitman would replace him

Under a scenario being considered, Hewlett-Packardís directors may appoint former EBay Inc. CEO Meg Whitman as his successor, possibly on an interim basis, said one of the people, who asked not to be named because the plans arenít public.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ar-as-ceo.html

edit 2: even if whitman continues his policies, Leo has to go because he put the company in too much turmoil with customers.
    Still I hope the board is shaken up enough to change some policies. It could be too late for webOS though even if Whitman sees all the activity on ebay.

edit 3:
    ps You guys know this is a done deal right? They wouldn't possibly leak this to Bloomberg unless it had been already decided, Leo's credibility as leader would have been too damaged by the leak (whatever is left of his credibility).

I once met a guy who did some dealings with whitman (he was a small shop who sold on her website). He said she was very smart. For the sake of webOS, I hope so.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    edit 3:
    ps You guys know this is a done deal right? They wouldn't possibly leak this to Bloomberg unless it had been already decided, Leo's credibility as leader would have been too damaged by the leak (whatever is left of his credibility).
    Or it is leaked by somebody who really wants Leo to go and tries to force the BOD to have no other option...

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    He said she was very smart. For the sake of webOS, I hope so.
    Smart? I would say you need to be brave and slightly naive to try and re-animate webOS from its current zombie state. Anyone smart, in a business sense of smart, would kill off webOS completely now and maybe make some money out of it just by selling the patents. Maybe, just maybe, we can hope for it to become open source...
    Finally
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeez let that happen.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3783/fireleo.png
    I really don't care for HP restarting their hw (but I do feel for the job losses). If they ever choose to go down that road again with WebOS, I'd rather they get their hw from some other company who knows how to build tablet/mobile hw that will have both quality, sleek designs and isn't made out of plastic.

As far as Leo and his possible forced exit, my sentiments agree with the other posters, my Touchpad and Pre minus say "Finally!"
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    if they do oust him (please santa, for christmas, for all us underpriviledged webOS kids), the successor would be foolish to not revisit the device aspect of webOS.

First off, there has not yet been any progress in licensing out webOS. Second, HP now holds the second most popular tablet on the market.

Ok, so, you have this software that is, for the most part, well received and reviewed. You haven't found anyone to use it and you have suddenly built up a decent amount of buzz around the operating system, along with a much larger user base than you had 3 months ago. If you don't look into making new devices, at least until you find someone else to license the operating system, the interest in the operating system will wane and you'll be stuck holding onto a useless asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Or it is leaked by somebody who really wants Leo to go and tries to force the BOD to have no other option...

Smart? I would say you need to be brave and slightly naive to try and re-animate webOS from its current zombie state. Anyone smart, in a business sense of smart, would kill off webOS completely now and maybe make some money out of it just by selling the patents. Maybe, just maybe, we can hope for it to become open source...
    I would guess some pretty large customers said he has to go or they would pull out.

Regarding webOS, it has the largest number of users it ever had and more people than ever see its beauty. In addtion, the webOS software group is invigorated to support their newer larger base. So not quite zombie, the question is I think whether the software can be optimized and who might want to be the hardware partner.
    I think webOS is dead in hand of HP. But with new CEO, and he or she can bring back the trust, and perhaps HP can now either license webOS or find new hardware partner or find the buyer.
    bluenote and Rnp like this.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast