1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This could be big news...See link,

take care,

jay

HP may keep its PC business after all
    By: Todd Haselton | Sep 20th, 2011 at 03:40PM

HP may keep its PC business after all

In a recent interview with CRN, HP chairman Ray Lane outlined situations in which HP may hang on to its PC business. “If we don’t make that decision [to spin off], it’s because of two things: We can’t offer a better proposition to customers and investors,” Lane said. “If we can’t it stays inside HP.” If the company does decide to spin-off its personal systems group, Lane has suggested the company call it the “HP PC Business.” HP has the “largest and most profitable [PC] business in the world,” Lane explained during the InformationWeek 500 conference in California. “I am lobbying, and I don’t have to lobby very hard, to call it the HP PC Business. Call it HP. It will be a sister company,” Lane explained, pointing to HP’s spinoff of Agilent. “Agilent was a better business once spun off, because it was a very different business from what the rest of HP was doing.” Read on for more.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    So.. if HP want to keep PC business.. what happened in this late month is just a joke?

Which lots of people suffered?!
    These HP exec's crack me up.

...The company announced the possibility of a PSG spin-off to avoid a leak in the press, Lane explained. “We can’t afford to have hundreds of people working on a project without some kind of leak, and then we’re having to explain it to the press anyway,” he said. “So we thought it best that we go out and explain that we are going to look at this option for the benefit of that business model, the customers and the investors.” ...
    Haven't these guys heard the saying, "we don't comment on speculation or rumor". I mean that's what most companies say when they don't won't to confirm or deny something. I mean the fact that they still have no idea what they will do with the PC business suggests that is what they should have said. But instead Leo just ran his mouth, and caused HP's share price to drop 20%+ the following day.

I don't know what will ultimately happen to webOS, but I know one thing: it needs to get as far away from HP as possible.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I don't know what will ultimately happen to webOS, but I know one thing: it needs to get as far away from HP as possible.
    Hi all,

thank you , but you forgot to say to keep it as far away from LEO and HP!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    SmartFah and STARGATE like this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    These HP exec's crack me up.

Haven't these guys heard the saying, "we don't comment on speculation or rumor". I mean that's what most companies say when they don't won't to confirm or deny something.
    You are correct! That's what most companies WITH A REAL PLAN say! It just feels like HP is waiting for something magical to happen versus having any cohesive vision. It's almost like they have a concept they're thinking about, but instead of really having done the research and aligned resources and partners they're winging it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

thank you , but you forgot to say to keep it as far away from LEO and HP!

Take care,

Jay

That is true, I can't forget Leo. It's like he has a personal grudge against webOS or something. Leo needs to go as well, I still don't know why HP chose him.
    ilovedessert likes this.
  7.    #7  
    That is true, I can't forget Leo. It's like he has a personal grudge against webOS or something. Leo needs to go as well, I still don't know why HP chose him.

I think the HP board must have doing acid, mushrooms or something they shouldn't in order to pick him.

Furthermore, I don't care Mark Herd had an affair....I'm not his child, spouse or family member so I could care less about his personal life....they shouldn't have pushed him out...at least he was a man with a plan! (On the flip side to this Hurd's wife should take welding lessons and weld his zippers shut! LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    SmartFah and STARGATE like this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by agx View Post
    . There will be parties all over HP when that day comes!!!
    Hi all,

Trust me the parties will not be limited to HP!

Take care,

Jay
    That's it HP execs... keep rearranging those deck chairs..
    They will look lovely in the setting sun, all lined up in exact columns in a spreadsheet,
    as your ship slowly sinks beneath the waves...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    That's it HP execs... keep rearranging those deck chairs..
    They will look lovely in the setting sun, all lined up in exact columns in a spreadsheet,
    as your ship slowly sinks beneath the waves...
    Hi all,

"Touché"

Take care,

Jay
    So...now they want the PC business again, ha! But no mention of the webOS hardware, I can't help to feel deprived of the OS that had so much potential but instead these idiots -- Leo and his minions -- had to put an end to it. Sad...very sad indeed...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  12.    #12  
    Hi all,

Well Leo's being show the door as I type this, not like it's a surprise to anyone but Leo!

Take care,

Jay
  13.    #13  
    Hi all, I have a few thoughts on all of this, I had a chance to think about it while I was dancing in the streeets in front of my house!

Leo ran HP into the ground, he took a $1.2 Billion investment in webOS added another $300 to $400 million to the total then canceled all webOS products...but is keeping webOS...so webOS has no products for sale using it, no one wants to license it and what the board of directors was going to let him write of over 1 1/2 BILLION $?

He was the one who said webOS would be installed on all computers and printers, he stated that HP would write apps for webOS pay firms to port their apps to webOS and even supply the manpower to do so....

As soon as he canceled webOS products without trying another approach to webOS I knew his days here numbered...Wall street must be dancing in the streets HP lost almost 1/2 it's value since the ill advised decision to sell HP's computer division, OH wait they may keep it, Oh wait they may spin it off...the real thing spinning was Leo's wheels!

I hope they pay off his golden parachute in broken TouchPads.

Take care,

Jay
    STARGATE likes this.
    So this BIG drama just to get rid of Palm trace? Start from WebOS to all ex-Palm employees?
    Anyone taking bets on the financial size of his Golden Parachute?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Anyone taking bets on the financial size of his Golden Parachute?
    More than I will make in my career.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean no harm to anyone, but this news really are welcome!!! Anyway, is not like he doesn't have money! If it was someone else loosing his job and had no money that would suck, but Leo Idiotheker can go and rot in hell for all I care!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all, I have a few thoughts on all of this, I had a chance to think about it while I was dancing in the streeets in front of my house!

Take care,

Jay

My neighbors and my wife were looking at me in disbelief when I was doing the happy-crazy dance in the parking lot of my apartment complex hahaha
    Last edited by STARGATE; 09/21/2011 at 12:29 PM.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean no harm to anyone, but this news really are welcome!!! Anyway, is not like he doesn't have money! If it was someone else loosing his job and had no money that would suck, but Leo Idiotheker can go and rot in hell for all I care!!!

My neighbors and my wife were looking at me in disbelief when I was doing the happy-crazy dance in the parking lot of my apartment complex hahaha
    Hi all,

Oh Thank GOD...I'm not the only one...my Neighbors must think I'm nuts then again they've lived nest to me for 15 years they KNOW I'm nuts, LOL....I wonder what will happen to webOS and I wonder if the rumors that were around when Hurd was pushed out if Oracle will may a play for HP????????????...

Take care,

Jay