Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everything i said about the TW is factual.. as for the most likely OS 5 on next gen Treo that was a prediction on my part. I belive that Handspring needs this to be able to stand out against the increasing amount of competition. Maybe hope makes me think they will use OS 5.

Handspring has stated in the past that they have a next generation Treo in development, and as i remember from the quarterly earnings confrence call, they have designed a new form factor that appeals to a more wide variety of users (I think that that is what was said.. that quote is not confirmed, but as i recall from the last confereence call)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    new form factor? that probably means a smaller, more phone-like device... people who "don't get" the PDA thing have commented that my Treo 300 seems large - and i always remind them that for a PDA, it's small.

i hope the next treo isn't too much smaller... i'd rather have a slightly overgrown phone than have a tiny PDA that i have to squint at.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by hyperkinetik
    i hope the next treo isn't too much smaller... i'd rather have a slightly overgrown phone than have a tiny PDA that i have to squint at.
    I like the Treo size.
    It fits well in your pocket and I'd wish that all PDA/phone were of an equivalent size.
    Look at the Pocket PC devices: they are huge!
    I'd have waited for the Tungsten W if it were really a combo device. It's not; it's a data device with limited phone features IMO.

And plus it has the same processor as the Treo (IOW, not the same beast as the Tungsten T).

I'd probably prefer to have a Tungsten T plus a Bluetooth phone rather than a Tungsten W; but Treo beats either of those IMO.

(BTW, if you want an SD slot to hold files, be sure to check out QuickOffice's MobileFile--it let's you grab many types of file off your PC wirelessly (with directory/folder browsing features etc) and download them to your Treo on the run--kind of like an 80 gigabyte memory stick, heh. (It will automatically convert Word and Excel files to Palm format as it sends them to you too!)
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Well AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Tungsten$ $W$ $aint$ $out$ $yet$..$and$ $it$ $will$ $not$ $be$ $as$ $blazing$ $fast$ $as$ $the$ $Tungsten$ $T$ $because$ $it$ $uses$ $Palm$ $OS$ $4$ $and$ $slow$ $dragonball$ $processor$.

Originally posted by Q

Tungsten W or Tungsten T? Remember, the W is OS 4.1, not 5 like the T...
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12