Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    So it looks like the Veer will NEVER get the Touch to Share update.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    There's a class action lawsuit for Leo's flagrant and obvious criminal acts to defraud investors out there already.

Could another, consumer-originated, class action spur an open-source release of webOS? Could it become a source project of webOS-internals?

I'm no lawyer, but I smell blood.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poploser View Post
    Id easily cover these employees severance packages to get my hands on a Verizon Pre 3.
    Warren?
    Who knew!?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Im sure webos internals will figuere out how to have touch to share on the veer.
    I'm sure it's the employees who were put off in the to-be-spunoff group. The software and dev relations employees went to the other HP group.
    Well ... get used to more of this! First, these are hardware people being layed off, not software. They absorbed whatever hardware people they could in other divisions and then started laying off the rest. This is only the start ... there is a lot more than 100 involved in the webOS device area. They are doing what is called drip layouts (not marketing ...) which means some layouts ... then some more ... then some more ... repeat until done. The real issue for webOS' future is that HP made a critical mistake by not releasing the next generation of webOS hardware (Pre 3) to hold over the installed base until a new hardware vendor is found AND webOS is ported over to that new hardware. HP is not going to find someone to buy webOS but licensing is a possibility but only a while for a WHILE! I know the carriers are responsible for this but why does HP care? They are out of the handset business and no longer need carrier support. (I think THIS was a major factor in HP bail out on webOS hardware!) They should sell them on their web site and then let users activate them on their own. Otherwise the clock is ticking while the webOS installed base hangs on until their hardware fails and there are no replacements! The clock is ticking ... tick ... tock .....
    dabombcra likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    they split the hardware from the software. my guess is they fired the hardware people since they are not making hardware for it anymore. just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    they split the hardware from the software. my guess is they fired the hardware people since they are not making hardware for it anymore. just a guess.
    There's alot more to a consumer electronics business than Hardware Dev and Software Dev.

Groups likely affected:

- Sales
    - Marketing
    - Operations (Supply Chain)
    - Support
    - Site Services & Security
    - IT

Among others.
    webOS global business unit split outlined in leaked HP documents -- Engadget

Software and dev relations went one way, hardware went the other. And if they aren't making hardware...
    I said "I'm sure," as in my thought. Turns out I was right - the ones let go were whoever was in PSG.
    <Title updated to reflect new number>
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Unfortunately. I hate UI on Android. However I am replacing my Pre next month with an HTC phone because Sprint refuses to carry anymore webOS devices and HTC SenseUI is a half-way decent band-aid.
    Take a look at WP7... I've been checking out the sister site and just about have myself convinced that I will head that way at some point in the future.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They announced they were getting out of the Palm business weeks ago. Why are people reacting to the information like it's out of the blue?

They sold off their HP Touchpads at fire sale prices and then decided to try and fill additional demand with another run.

People really think HP owes them something more than a $99 Touchpad?

The Pre phones have been on life support for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamano View Post
    all I'm saying is that I wanted a definite no from someone as opposed to stay tuned, and I'm saying that being a fan of ruby.
    you're seriously not still holding out are you? If so, are you simply refusing to accept the facts? Only way you can get a "new" WebOS phone on sprint is through ebay (or something like it) and buying an unlocked model.

good luck
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I'm sure it's the employees who were put off in the to-be-spunoff group. The software and dev relations employees went to the other HP group.

No - it's in the original memo that went out - only the software moved, the employees all stayed in the same business unit and carried on reporting to the same line managers. A big clue from the outset what was going to happen - because why bother moving employees you are going to fire?
    Last edited by CGK; 09/20/2011 at 03:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    This sad news required a new avatar.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    dianaml and C-Note like this.
    I still cannot understand how the Leo Apoetheker can continue as CEO...

He is destroying the HP, piece by piece!

If somebody told me that the HP could do this in april/2011, I would say that this people are crazy...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Unfortunately. I hate UI on Android. However I am replacing my Pre next month with an HTC phone because Sprint refuses to carry anymore webOS devices and HTC SenseUI is a half-way decent band-aid.
    Matias is the driving force behind Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.) There should be some surprises in store.
    Leo Apocalypse strikes again. Hope all the hardware guys find work soon.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I wonder if these are the employees who the tps are reserved for. hp to those employees: "here's a tp with your pink slip for your loyality, we suggest you sell it on ebay to make up the lost of salary"
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast