• 1 Post By dcbo89
  1.    #1  
    Touchsmarts?

What do you think?

All opinions welcome.

Fight.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    They said they were thinking of spinning off or selling the pc division. Inventory would go with the new company or to the new buyer. Don't expect any great firesale buys there. If anyone on the board is sane they will have slapped Leo down for such an irresponsible firesale on the WebOS hardware.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i still dont understand why they bought palm for almost 2 BILLION and then dont even give it a chance
    Patent portfolio perhaps? If they are becoming software only I'm sure Palm has a good wedge of relevant patents.

Barry
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Nothing - the rest is being spun-off as a going concern.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i still dont understand why they bought palm for almost 2 BILLION and then dont even give it a chance
    Because the CEO who bought Palm and had a vision for it (Mark Hurd) was replaced by an imbecile who decided the worlds largest computer manufacturer should suddenly only be in the enterprise software business since that's what the company he last was in charge of and ran miserably did (Leo Apotheker). If you don't understand or think it's a bad decision, pretty much all stockholders think the same thing as you. That's why the company is now worth only 1/2 of what it was when the ***** took over.
    Rnp and Midway99 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Because the CEO who bought Palm and had a vision for it (Mark Hurd) was replaced by an imbecile who decided the worlds largest computer manufacturer should suddenly only be in the enterprise software business since that's what the company he last was in charge of and ran miserably did (Leo Apotheker). If you don't understand or think it's a bad decision, pretty much all stockholders think the same thing as you. That's why the company is now worth only 1/2 of what it was when the ***** took over.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Rnp likes this.
    I bet they recycle the computer parts into a spin-off to compete directly with Mattel and their Barbie line
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah seems that way. i remember when they bought palm they were saying how they were going to put webos on everything hp. printers, computers etc. it seemed like an exciting idea...
    i see it that way too. i pity the fools who don't
    They won't be doing a fire sale to any of their pc stuff. That will all go to whoever is going to take over it. TouchPad was different. No one was taking over that.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Kinda shocked they weren't giving away ink & toner to the celebs at their tent at the Emmy's.
    They still have a windows phone 6.5 opaque smartphone on their website. It boggles the mind.
    <thread moved>