Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By grate88
  • 4 Post By thatdude90210
  • 2 Post By emjayess
  • 1 Post By rebornsoul
  • 1 Post By ratchet27
  1.    #1  
    Out of a morbid curiosity for the poor folk that missed $150 32s, I occasionally drop buy ebay. The stupidity there is just "kills" me! Numerous bids higher than several "Buy It Now" in the low $270s with free shipping! Oh my gosh, what is wrong with those people? Can't they read?
    There's too much irony here to even start.
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post
    There's too much irony here to even start.
    Yeah, it really burns.
    "No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up."--Lily Tomlin
    yes, they can't read, and u can't spell apparently.
    tvouge likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornsoul View Post
    yes, they can't read, and u can't spell apparently.
    That is what happens when you get spell check dependent! Torture didn't cost me anything though!
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    You are taking this very personally.
    It is nice to see that you are so deeply concerned about others well being.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    So why do I torcher myself like this?
    Out of a morbid curiosity for the poor folk that missed $150 32s, I occasionally drop buy ebay. The stupidity there is just "kills" me! Numerous bids higher than several "Buy It Now" in the low $270s with free shipping! Oh my gosh, what is wrong with those people? Can't they read?
    Wow you can do that? Cool. Hopefully HP will have some more to offer at the firesale price soon.
    http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/u...uman-torch.jpg
    Please forgive me if this is seen as offensive, as it wasn't meant to be. It is simply a response to the ironic juxtaposition of the post to its content.

I believe the OP meant to say:

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    Out of a morbid curiosity for the poor folk (correct in this sense - "folk" can be plural) that missed $150 32's, I occasionally drop by eBay. The stupidity there ("is"? - not sure why this is here) just kills (quotations not needed) me! Numerous bids are higher than several "Buy It Now"'s in the low $270's with free shipping! Oh my gosh, what is wrong with those people? Can't they read?
    And, of course, "torture" was the intended verb.
    Its not really that surprising, if you think about it.

When the unproven iPad first came out, there were lines all over the place for the $600 - $800 device.

Here in NYC, there was a story in the news of a guy who paid a girl who was up front in line $900 for her spot alone, JUST so that he could THEN buy the iPad early enough for his evening airplane fllight.

Rich or poor, it doesnt matter, people are capable of some pretty wild stuff when a buying frenzy occurs.

The iPad was the "gotta have it" device back then.. the TouchPad IS the low cost "gotta have it" device now.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I have listed items for a buy it now price lower than auctions with exsiting bids. Others do this all the time also. To turn a fast buck or to not totally rip people off. When I am shopping I always check newest listings with buy it now options and many times score.
    Well, seeing how HP "torchered" webOS i see how you might want to do that to them, but to yourself?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    sounds monkish to me...