1.    #1  
    since HP is no longer manufacturing anymore labtops,do you guys think there will be a firesale for laptops in the future?
    At this point HP hasn't stopped making laptops.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It would be nice if they did, my g6000 is starting to show its age
    No, even if "HP" stops making laptops they will still make them just under a different puppet company. Hp g1000 - made by bob's pc mart
    HP will never stop making computers
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    HP has said it is considering...

Spin off PC business
    Sell PC business
    Keep PC business

At no point has it said it will shut down the PC business. Yes they handled the announcement very badly which has led to lots of inaccurate sensationalised headlines.
    They often sell their older laptops on woot.com for good prices, but that is about as discounted as you will find them. They are the largest computer maker in the world, and whether they spin off the division (most likely) or sell it, they will continue to be the biggest for a long time.
  9. xpl
    I dont think that there will be a firesale for laptops. They still sell a lot of them