Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Disclaimer : I cannot produce evidence on this information.

Buddy of mine, who works for HP said the system which sends the notifications when touchpad is available had 5.6 million requests from a mix of unique and duplicate email accounts.

Granted its $99.00 that did it , but HP should think about continuing Tablet business. Future is Tablets.

I believe it.

Take a look at this thread below for the latest on HP strategy straight from the horses themselves, and tell me what you think:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...1-flavors.html
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/12/2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Buddy of mine, who works for HP said the system which sends the notifications when touchpad is available had 5.6 million requests from a mix of unique and duplicate email accounts.

Granted its $99.00 that did it , but HP should think about continuing Tablet business. Future is Tablets.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I believe it.

Take a look at this thread below for the latest on HP strategy straight from the horses themselves, and tell me what you think:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...1-flavors.html
    Apart from this information, the bulletin boards in side the company are speculating that Leo's time will be up in two quarters. There is a company wide sympathy and support for webOS.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    finger prints
    glossy mirror ehh display
    bad wlan or webos software limited wlan
    cracking cases
    screen bleed
    lcd artefacts when case is pressed together
    the backplate can be pressed in
    no dlna
    bad a/v codec support
    jerky scrolling/zooming

sorry for me hp should stop producing tablets or start producing 100% quality tablets.

even for 99$ you can expect a tablet which has none of the upper listet problems.
    Well duh- I signed up three times, but when the TP2 comes out..it'll be spectacular.
  6.    #6  
    Apart from this information, the bulletin boards in side the company are speculating that Leo's time will be up in two quarters. There is a company wide sympathy and support for webOS.
    Interesting. Thanks. If the bulletin boards are right, then 2 quarters is too long. It will be before the calendar year end or right after so as to start the new year with a fresh slate.I understood he had the backing of the board, though, and vaguely remember him replacing a bunch of members. Guessing there would have to be intense shareholder pressure to change direction.
    C-Note likes this.
    He should be gone before that. IMO they should have never hired from outside when they had capable talent within. Todd Bradley would have been a good CEO, but for whatever reason they chose Leo
    gbp likes this.
    Someone please start a Fire Leo Thread!!
    I wonder where they find these people ?? Fiorina, Hurd, Apothekar. Are they trying to crash the company on purpose ?

Compaq killed DEC, HP killed Compaq, HP killed itself. Lenovo laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    finger prints
    cracking cases
    screen bleed
    no dlna
    bad a/v codec support
    jerky scrolling/zooming

sorry for me hp should stop producing tablets or start producing 100% quality tablets.

even for 99$ you can expect a tablet which has none of the upper listet problems.

I am very happy with mine. Sorry to hear that you have those issues, sounds like an expectation issue to me? This thing outperformed all kinds of expectations I had personally. It is just too good. I would have never paid for an Ipad(too expensive for my taste) or an Android tablet(I just hate Google). Webos was hollistically the right choice at right time. Thanks HP for failing yourself which led to the lovely price reduction that introduced me to WebOS.
    crucian4, Theonlyix and kjb86 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    Someone please start a Fire Leo Thread!!
    I don't want to sound like a hater, but I agree, Leo must go. He is going to drive HP into the ground. HP is bigger than anyone talks about.
    If H/P satisfy demand for TP, Leo would be automatically fired. At 200 dollars loss a tablet, 5.6 million TP's would cost H/P 1.12 billion loss. Shareholders would fire him there and then.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    If H/P satisfy demand for TP, Leo would be automatically fired. At 200 dollars loss a tablet, 5.6 million TP's would cost H/P 1.12 billion loss. Shareholders would fire him there and then.
    why? that's a drop in the bucket compared to what Leo has already cost them.
    65fastback, CvvB and fxspec06 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Losses per unit will be smaller, due to quantity shipment discounts. I'd venture to say they lost about $100/unit, so, at 1 million inits sold, that's $100m.

Those notifications, if real, were obviously duplicates from the same users, which is entirely possible.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Why do you think this is good? I think this is pathetic. Even at $99 HP cannot generate the interest that the iPad does. I am NO APPLE FAN, but they sold 9.25 million iPads in their third quarter, and HP is claiming (well, your buddy is) that they only got 5.6 million requests for a $99 TouchPad?

If that doesn't tell a prospective webOS buyer to stay away, nothing else will.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

i will take your 'inferior' tablet off your hands.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    finger prints
    It has a very good IPS panel display and the fingerprints/glossiness is no different than any other tablet... the fact that your whine list begins with these renders your ability to form opinions/objections extremely suspect. If you got all those listed defects (cracks,artifacts,bleed,give) on your tablet, your luck is such that the fact you're alive and able to post is a feat of some magnificence.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Looks like old Leo is an Apple mole?
    Trlsmn likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Interesting. Thanks. If the bulletin boards are right, then 2 quarters is too long. It will be before the calendar year end or right after so as to start the new year with a fresh slate.I understood he had the backing of the board, though, and vaguely remember him replacing a bunch of members. Guessing there would have to be intense shareholder pressure to change direction.
    two articles to support the shareholders aren't taking this so lightly...
    Hewlett-Packard CCO Bill Wohl Reassigned - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD
    Leo's buddy that was the head of communications is sent off to some far away place after the announcement before the earnings call.

Executive Moves Continue at HP as Investor Relations VP Leaves - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD
    and of course exhibit two which is more compelling is the departure of the VP of Investor Relations. I don't think he wants to answer his phone right now (maybe it's a webOS phone).
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    finger prints
    cracking cases
    screen bleed
    no dlna
    bad a/v codec support
    jerky scrolling/zooming

My wife's brand new iphone 4 lost sound only after only one week. And Apple even tried to weasel out "you opened the case" (we sure hadn't opened it). Took us a week of arguing before they finally replaced it. Her old 3G's WiFi module croaked after 14 months, no official repair (only exchange for a new one --- at $300 US). 3 of her friends had to have their iphones exchanged within the first year. What stellar quality. The Touchpad, that is real value for money. The deal of the century at 150.-.

If you have installed the patches and still have jerky scrolling and zooming, may I suggest that you lay off those drugs that cause your hands to shake all the time? And why is the Ipad mirror better than the Touchpad mirror? It is Apple who brought us these glossy displays (they made them standard), matte is much better. If you don't want a mirror, get e-ink.
    Last edited by HansTWN; 09/13/2011 at 03:35 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast