1.    #1  
    At the University of Utah the WPA2 Enterprise secuired UConnect WiFi connection uses a custom certificates called radius01.utah.edu.cert and DigiCertGlobalCA.cer. WebOS devices have been unable to automatically get them when attempting to connect. There for it fails to authenticate.

However our fellow precentral.net user toomanyeduardos has grabbed the certs from his computer. So all we have to do is import them into the WebOS Certificate Manager which is found in the Device Info app's drop down menu.

There are a few ways to import it:

1. You can put them on the USB drive of your device and just use the Certificate Manager to grab them.

2. You can email them to yourself as an attachment and just use the email app to download and install the certs.

3. You can use the direct links in this post to download them directly to your device's USB drive and run them from the browser's download manager

When prompted you need to trust the cert you are installing and it will imports it automatically to the Certificate Manager.

You can get the certificates from the direct links bellow. I can't seem to attach a .cer file to this post. (If people want I can try changing the extension and attaching but that means users will have to change the extension manually before installing. However this might creat confusion so for now just use the links.)

radius01.utah.edu.cer

DigiCertGlobalCA.cer

Now us U of U students/staff can finally browse the unrestricted high speeds of UConnect! Yay! Please pass it along when you run into another WebOS user on campus. :-).

GO UTES!
    Last edited by jack87; 09/08/2011 at 11:08 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am new to the touchpad and webos but really am loving it. I am a student up at the u and have been struggling to connect to their wifi. I came across this thread last night and installed the 2 certificates and they are in my certificate manager. I went to school today and tried to connect but the wifi just sits there searching. Do I need to manually add UConnect or am I missing something. I was wondering what other steps I might need to perform to get connected to UConnect. Thanks in advance.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyjch View Post
    I am new to the touchpad and webos but really am loving it. I am a student up at the u and have been struggling to connect to their wifi. I came across this thread last night and installed the 2 certificates and they are in my certificate manager. I went to school today and tried to connect but the wifi just sits there searching. Do I need to manually add UConnect or am I missing something. I was wondering what other steps I might need to perform to get connected to UConnect. Thanks in advance.
    If you go into your device info app and check certificate manager from the drop down menu (top left corner) are you able to see the two certificates imported there? one might be hiding at the very top of the screen so watch out.. try scrolling down you might notice it.

If they are both there you should be able to connect to UConnect. UConnect should pop up in your available wireless networks regardless of the certs being on the device or not if you are within range. So tap on it... and it will prompt you for login/password.

If it doesn't pop up... and you are sure that you're in range... go into your wifi preferences... and tap on "Join netowrk. Type in the network name which is UConnect and secuirty should be set to "Enterprise". when prompted type in your unid/password with a u0xxxxxx and you should be all set.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Got it to work today. I was just in a classroom where wifi doesn't work. Thanks to everyone for all the help in getting me set up.
    will this step works connecting to UC's (University of Cincinnati) wpa2 enterprise server ?
    I work in IT at the UofU and I was never able to get it working before yesterdays update to 3.0.4 on my TouchPad. I am using 2 additional certificates that the University Uses, so there is the potential that you won't be able to authenticate properly without them. But I'm glad that it is now working for me. If anyone else has issues with the certificates listed in the original post I can send you then ones I use, or attach them in a .zip file.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhaver View Post
    I work in IT at the UofU and I was never able to get it working before yesterdays update to 3.0.4 on my TouchPad. I am using 2 additional certificates that the University Uses, so there is the potential that you won't be able to authenticate properly without them. But I'm glad that it is now working for me. If anyone else has issues with the certificates listed in the original post I can send you then ones I use, or attach them in a .zip file.
    Please do send the certs you are using as one of the ones above will expire fairly soon (I think 2014). Are the certs you are using different than those above? (annoying as hell that the U has some custom certs now as webos used to connect to UConnect without a hitch till mid summer early this year).
    MatterOfFactJack