1.    #1  
    i have now used the Treo 270 for 6 months (4 weeks with GPRS). Great product. I luv it.

Although I have tried very hard, I find browsing pretty much worthless. Small screen, slow even with GPRS (I get 4 mega bits per sec via att broadband & cable modem). Even if I want a small piece of info, I have to wait for a looong time to be of any use. Plus, I cant cut and paste info from the Blazer and move it to other apps. Viewing regular HTML pages on the Treo is a very very poor experience.

Overall, I find this really worthless. Only time I use the browser is when I am wasting time at the gate just before boarding - mainly chkout S&P and Nasdaq market quotes or chkout NFL/NCAA scores.

May be the carriers and Handspring should help us in making our experiences better (e.g. provide links to effective and simple sites to get things done (e.g. get weather rpt)).

any thoughts?
    You will have a better experience if you use PDA friendly sites. To name a few portals:

www.plinkit.com
    www.mymobilestuff.com (my favorite).

I am sure that you can find more by doing a search on the boards.

My take is that the Blazer experience beats WAP -- the protocol used to "surf the web" on old cell phones. The experience will only get better with faster networks and faster processors in Palm OS devices.

personally I use my GPRS connection mostly for sending and receiving email, instant messaging, and stock checking. I use Blazer when I absolutely need some information and do not have access to a desktop computer.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    GPRS is a great tool to browse the Web.

But don't use Blazer which is pretty slow and lacks a lot of useful fonctionnalities.

I use Xiino (www.ilinx.co.jp/en) and I am quite happy with it:
    It is fast, accepts cookies (I can browse Treo Central from my Treo and be recognized automatically, which can't be done with Blazer) and even check my Emails on Yahoo! or Hotmail!

But as Yardie says, browsing will be more enjoyable on PDA-friendly sites.

I must say that since GPRS is available on Treo, when I feel lazy and still want to browse the Internet, I don't turn my desktop computer on anymore and use my Treo!
    [i] It is fast, accepts cookies (I can browse Treo Central from my Treo and be recognized automatically, which can't be done with Blazer) and even check my Emails on Yahoo! or Hotmail!
    [/B]
    Blazer accepts cookies and I can browse treocentral from Blazer and be recognized automatically....

But yes I agree, Xiino is my preference for browsing as well.
    Originally posted by millerhifi

Blazer accepts cookies and I can browse treocentral from Blazer and be recognized automatically....
    I never could get Blazer to accept cookies and work the way you say, while I never had anything to configure with Xiino to make it work fine.

Ease of use:
    That was enough for me to go for Xiino!
    If you go to the menu in Blazer and select options, blazer preferences, advanced and check mark "accept cookies", your all set.
    Cookies are set in Blazer the way you say.
    But still, I can't get the browser to recognize already visited site!

In any case, Blazer is much too slow compared to Xiino!
    And Xiino doesn't have a cookie issue...
    Yep. Same as Yardie.
    Email and SMS a must. Only surf when I really need to so Blazer sits fine with me.
  9.    #9  
    thx for your comments.

xiino seems to work faster but it has issues if u have recoecho+ enabled.

wish we had a separate section in the forum where folks can suggest v good treo-optimized web sites. may be HS will take the lead here as they r now focussed on communicators.