1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I would love to a fly on the wall at the next stockholders meeting...there will a large number of hot seats!

take care,

jay

Roadmap: HP TouchPad loses money on each sale, but makes up for it
    September 3, 2011 Beatweek

by Timmy Falcon

Roadmap: HP TouchPad loses money on each sale, but makes up for it : Beatweek Magazine

The money-losing HP TouchPad firesale, which sees remaining units being discarded at $99 apiece despite their manufacturing cost being well above that mark, is being bandied about as a roadmap for tablet success for other potential tablet vendors including Amazon. Hogwash, of course, as each TouchPad likely cost three times as much money to bring to market as the company is currently selling it for. If the TouchPad is a roadmap for anything, itís how to fail in a growing market and fail miserably. But that message has been overwhelmingly lost in the tech headlines of late, and therein lies the way in which HP has figured out, unwittingly or otherwise, how to profit from losing money on its remaining TouchPad inventory: as a smokescreen, itís saved the company significant embarrassment.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I'm not one to jump to this conclusion normally, but Beatweek is a shamelessly pro A***e rag. I'm not one to spend too much time on site as even 5 minute review of their site makes their bias very obvious.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    I'm not one to jump to this conclusion normally, but Beatweek is a shamelessly pro A***e rag. I'm not one to spend too much time on site as even 5 minute review of their site makes their bias very obvious.
    I have much worse words for Beatweek magazine. Biased is a mild way of putting it.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad