Ok. So lets play out a hypothetical situation. Let's just say, for example, that I had my treo 180 in the bathroom while I was waiting for a call. Now that wouldn't be that smart, but its hypothetical. Allright, then lets just say that as I was taking a shower, my Treo was moved from the window shelf to my towel - by some unknown person - we'll just call her THE GIRLFRIEND. Anyway, suppose then that after my shower, I blindly grabbed the towel and heard a surprising splash sound in the tub - only to see my Treo underwater.

Shew, I'm glad this is just a STORY. Anyway, if anything so unfortunate were ever to befall a Treo 180 owner, two questions spring to mind...

1. - is there any hope that this can be saved?
    2. - what do I tell handspring to get a replacement?
    -mac
    Always be honest, your Treo had an accident. It may need to be replaced.

Craig
    But the thing to do is turn it off and dry it out for a couple of days someplace warm and dry.

Too bad the battery is not removable.

(And then when it's dried out and it doesn't work, do what he said.)
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ive got a similar story for you.

Scenario, father and son are in the garage working on the car.

Lets just imagine what could happen if the son decide to use his Treo as a bookmark in that huge workshop manual(it's hypothetical, remember?). When finished working on the car they clean up the garage. Suddenly the father takes the pile of books without noticing the bookmark. The bookmark slide out of the manual and hits the concrete floor.........
    Originally posted by dumb
    Ok. So lets play out a hypothetical situation. Let's just say, for example, that I had my treo 180 in the bathroom while I was waiting for a call. Now that wouldn't be that smart, but its hypothetical. Allright, then lets just say that as I was taking a shower, my Treo was moved from the window shelf to my towel - by some unknown person - we'll just call her THE GIRLFRIEND. Anyway, suppose then that after my shower, I blindly grabbed the towel and heard a surprising splash sound in the tub - only to see my Treo underwater.

Shew, I'm glad this is just a STORY. Anyway, if anything so unfortunate were ever to befall a Treo 180 owner, two questions spring to mind...

1. - is there any hope that this can be saved?
    2. - what do I tell handspring to get a replacement?
    Interesting story. If by chance, it were true, my answers to your questions:
    1. No. It's fried. Bath water conducts really well, mostly due to impurities.
    2. Dry it out, phone HS and tell them it stopped working.

The've passed on enough dodgy machines... ok, two wrongs don't make a right but who cares... Hypothetically speaking