Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've got a weird problem that I wonder if anybody's seen before. This morning after my Hot Sync I noticed that my Treo hadn't shut off after more than 10 minutes. When I tried to shut it off the power switch did absolutely nothing.

OK I soft reset it. It loaded all my hacks and it shut off correctly. 30 seconds or so later it turned itself back on and again I couldn't shut it off.

OK another soft reset and this time no hacks - same problem. Another soft reset and this time I disabled PowerJog and Treo Tools (auto starts wireless mode). Same problem.

OK now I disabled everything and didn't start the wireless mode. Seemed ok. I noticed that when I tried to drop down any menu it would spring closed right away as if another section of the screen was being pushed. Through some speedy double-taps I got into the digitizer calibration screen and after re-calibrating.

Now it still keeps happening randomly after using a few apps or after an alarm, etc. I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Anybody seen this problem?

Dreading the call to HS and the inevitable "You'll have to hard reset it and see what happens" response.

Thanks,

bostonGuy
    If the screen seems like it's being 'pushed' try loosening the top two screws on the back - just a tiny bit.

I had a similar problem after installing the 'G2' screen protector, which slides under the screen edge. This gave just enough pressure on the screen to make it act wacky.

Michael