1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This is one story that's has more twist and turns than Lombard Street in Frisco!

take care,

Jay

HP Execs Say Spinoff Is Coming. But When, and How Much?
    By Tim Carmody August 30, 2011 | 12:02 pm | Categories: Corporate, Enterprise, Mobile Internet

HP Execs Say Spinoff Is Coming. But When, and How Much? | Epicenter | Wired.com

Hewlett-Packard’s separation of its consumer computing business is quickly turning into a kind of layer tennis between CEO Léo Apotheker’s representatives and Personal Services Group VP (and ex-Palm CEO) Todd Bradley, who currently runs that business. The competing statements aren’t confrontational or contradictory, but they are counterpoints.

“We prefer a spin-off as a separate company and the working hypotheses is that a spin-off will be in the best interests of HP’s shareholders, customers and employees,” a HP spokeswoman said, according to Reuters.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    HP is trying to make some TMZ news this week
    It is becoming more and more apparent; although, it was pretty clear early on that Apotheker has absolutely no vision; he is a manager, not a leader (there are HUGE differences between the two) and HP's top brass had not really thought through what exiting the consumer PC business means. I'm thinking the tongue lashing HP's enterprise sales force is getting from their channel partners and customers caught the execs by surprise. It's stupid that they apparently didn't realize how much value having a huge PC and printer business in house brought to their enterprise software sales, but it sure seems like it did.

Gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
    It is becoming more and more apparent; although, it was pretty clear early on that Apotheker has absolutely no vision; he is a manager, not a leader (there are HUGE differences between the two) and HP's top brass had not really thought through what exiting the consumer PC business means. I'm thinking the tongue lashing HP's enterprise sales force is getting from their channel partners and customers caught the execs by surprise. It's stupid that they apparently didn't realize how much value having a huge PC and printer business in house brought to their enterprise software sales, but it sure seems like it did.

Gargoyle
    Agree with everything you said. The spin off is proof Leo and co have no clue what they're doing. I pray HP proper leaves the new spin off alone to do they're thing. Maybe they can name the company something like, "Palm"
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Agree with everything you said. The spin off is proof Leo and co have no clue what they're doing. I pray HP proper leaves the new spin off alone to do they're thing. Maybe they can name the company something like, "Palm"
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

I am happy to hear about the news to Spin-Off the PC division. At least, then we know that devices will still be made; but, sadly, webOS will still be with HP and hopefully they won't kill it as they did with the PC division.

I hope they name it Palm also .... it would be Palm story all over again ... being bought, name change, spin-off, back to Palm!
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/02/2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Hummm... can you imagine something like this: "-The HP stopped to sell webOS hardware because gonna licence to his other PC's company: Palm PSG! And his first device gonna call... webOS TX, a smartphone with 4" in screen, and the second device gonna be the Palmpad, with 7" in screen!"

Dream, man... dream...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)