Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By Flatso
  • 2 Post By milominderbinde
  1.    #1  
    Great article....especially enjoy the comments. He pretty much nails it.

H-P's One-Year Plan - WSJ.com
    1.Who had said HP would produce products like Apples?
    2.Who had said when HP announce new products, they will be on the shelf in two or three weeks?

Only stupid man will make such big no.1 bull****.
    And all of our palms' world eyes witness no.2 lie.

This gentlemen would be fired very soon.
    Thanks for the article--scathing.
    The weird thing is that supposedly the board is controlling everything (Kleiner Perkins guy and others) and Leo is their spokesman. So they would have to admit they were wrong and scapegoat him.

Dunno what is going to happen but if the WSJ is writing articles about this, buy and hold shareholders must be seething and quick profit vultures also lurking, hoping the stock price will plunge below value so they can take advantage. Tech is a wicked world, it moves so fast.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks for the article--scathing.
    The weird thing is that supposedly the board is controlling everything (Kleiner Perkins guy and others) and Leo is their spokesman. So they would have to admit they were wrong and scapegoat him.

Dunno what is going to happen but if the WSJ is writing articles about this, buy and hold shareholders must be seething and quick profit vultures also lurking, hoping the stock price will plunge below value so they can take advantage. Tech is a wicked world, it moves so fast.
    first thing i thought, very curious as to how the market is going to see this. I don't own any HP shares directly, maybe in funds, but after the firesale and the mixed messages I would unload everything I owned until different management gets put in place. Including most of the board.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Hire new a CEO from German competitor, SAP, which sells business software, not consumer products. Tell the new CEO, Leo Apotheker, that Mr. Hurd "left H-P in great shape."

Draw public criticism from a major corporate-governance advisory firm, alleging Mr. Apotheker filled board openings with cronies.

Pursue pricey mergers and stock buybacks. Allow expenses to run out of control. Try to blow through billions of dollars in cash reserves before the next global economic slowdown.

Provoke partners Microsoft and Oracle by threatening to put H-P's own operating software on PCs. Then decide not to. Remember that promising webOS software H-P bought in a $1.2 billion acquisition of Palm last year? Sideline it.
    This 10000% percent on the money and what I thought up on Friday when the announcement broke the CEO is the biggest ***** since Xerox invited M$ and Apple and gave them the OS GUI and Mouse

Leo has no vision or plan he's an outdated unshaven thug who got lucky and is paid a lot of money to do stupid things and ruin an American company

my blog about this http://southerndoccarib.blogspot.com...ant.html#links
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    He is HP's Mehdi Ali ;-)
    this article hasn't impacted their stock beyond the initial 25% pounding after the announcement.

this article is spot on in assessing the systematic wrecking of HP by the board and a sequence of terrible CEOs.
    Wow, couldn't have said it nearly as good myself. Spot-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this article hasn't impacted their stock beyond the initial 25% pounding after the announcement.

this article is spot on in assessing the systematic wrecking of HP by the board and a sequence of terrible CEOs.
    Hummm... I don't think that Hurd was a bad CEO...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    1.Who had said HP would produce products like Apples...
    This one is no big deal because he said that to HP employees, employees that is going to be fired because HP's change of course. So, this one doesn't count
    Like I said it before, Leo is a big @ s s *****!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The problem is the board of HP, who fired an CEO and hired an maniac. I can't see anyone can run a well ran company to ground so fast. Now let the greed board who wants more profitability figure out how to get the 25% market value back.

Sent from mobile
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    HP's next announcement will be that they have decided to keep their PC division & webOS will remain within that division. They will start manufacturing webOS hardware in the coming months, lol.
    HP is like a guy going through middle-age crazy.

Last summer HP was at the big July 4th pig roast and told everyone he was divorcing his wife of 20 years. (Mark Hurd-We didn't buy Palm to get into the phone business.)

At the Valentines dinner HP said he was giving her 2 more weeks. (Leo-Two week deliveries.)

Two weeks ago HP filed for divorce without telling his wife or kids. But they can still be friends (We will still support webOS!)

This week HP says maybe they can get back together for while, maybe not, now he loves her, no he doesn't...

Next up HP gets a Harley, a big boat, a Corvette, and a 20-year-old blond.
    Cantaffordit and BobKy like this.
    It's a so so piece.

"Provoke partners Microsoft and Oracle by threatening to put H-P's own operating software on PCs."

Huh? Why would Oracle care?
    Loved the article;sad,but true.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    CEO is the biggest ***** since Xerox invited M$ and Apple and gave them the OS GUI and Mouse
    From all my understandings of "back in the day" advancements and what everyone was on the verge of creating/perfecting the OS GUI was not much, as many where working on that- but they all got stuck on the best way to navigate a GUI based OS-- a mouse...they just couldent get past stuff like the information buffer getting overrun by reading constant coordinates and relateing it to on screen placement etc etc etc- the mouse was the big thing that Xerox should have said ".5% profit share forever" and they would own the world :-P

as for the article in the OP and this topic- how true!