Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Good!

Gives us hope that webOS will be rescued from HP's guillotine!
    I see pandas.
    Sounds very good! Considering Touch-to-share between WebOS mobile phone, tablet, Flat panel, PCs, laptops, digital camera........ The possibility is unlimited.....
    That is the most good news in the world.
    Me tired of HP's stupidness
    A webOS vacuum cleaner, how cool is that!

Samsung Consumer Business Division (CBD)

Samsung's Consumer Business Division (CBD) offers a full range of award-winning digital products for the home and individual use, including LED, LCD and Plasma televisions, Blu-ray Disc players, Home Theater Systems, Digital Cameras, Digital Camcorders, Solid State Hard Drives, External Hard Drives and Portable Audio Devices. CBD also contains Samsung's Home Appliance group which sells products that rank very high in consumer satisfaction, including refrigerators, washers & dryers, ranges, dishwashers, microwave ovens, and vacuums.
    Over the years, consumers have come to expect exciting innovations from Samsung's CBD product lines. Samsung is the marketing leader in 3DTV, Smart TV, LED TV, Blu-ray and French Door Refrigerators. Samsung is also the only company to have a digital camera with a front LCD screen to create perfect self-portraits and the only TV manufacturer to have a TV apps platform which powers the Samsung Apps Platform.
    Samsung Enterprise Business Division (EBD)

As one of the fastest growing IT companies in the world, Samsung EBD is committed to serving the needs of consumers ranging from the home user to the Fortune 500 elite and supporting the valued channel partners who serve our customers. Samsung EBD offers a complete line of award-winning color and mono-laser printing solutions, desktop monitors, laptop computers, digital signage solutions and projectors.
    Samsung Telecommunications America (STA)

Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, STA was founded by Samsung Electronics Corporation in 1996. STA researches, develops and markets a variety of personal and business communications products throughout North America, including handheld wireless phones, wireless communications infrastructure systems, fiber optics and enterprise communication systems.
    Learn more about careers at Samsung Mobile USA.

US Divisions - Business Area - Our Businesses - About Samsung - Samsung
    How about a Roomba running webOS? Oh wait, Pixar already did that.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Oh please let this happen! Samsung wouldn't mess around. They'd had the OS optimized like no one's business. C'mon Samsung!
    This would be awesome. Too bad they didn't even reference an anonymous source. I could have written that story with the dreams in my head.
    CBD also contains Samsung's Home Appliance group which sells products that rank very high in consumer satisfaction, including refrigerators, washers & dryers, ranges, dishwashers, microwave ovens, and vacuums.
    Where is the "toaster", to I use the webOS?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The fastest way to get webOS back to market would be to incorporate webOS features into the Samsung TouchWiz interface they put over Android.

That would give the UI of webOS with all the apps and speed of Android.

HTC and Samsung need a way to better differentiate themselves now that Google bought Motorola.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/29/2011 at 09:19 AM.
    This would be great news if it's real!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The fastest way to get webOS back to market would be to incorporate webOS features into the Samsung TouchWiz interface they put over Android.

That would give the UI of webOS with all the apps of Android.

Samsung needs a way to differentiate itself now that Google bought Motorola.
    But then it wouldn't be webOS anymore.
    Rnp likes this.

That would give the UI of webOS with all the apps of Android.

Samsung needs a way to differentiate itself now that Google bought Motorola.
    I disagree... one thing is one thing, other thing is other thing...

In the end, continue in Googlerola's hands...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    What makes webOS special is Matias Duarte's User Interface layer on top.

Android's optimized and compiled code has been faster in our tests doing the same everyday tasks on the same speed processor. Interpreted code like webOS is at a disadvantage against compiled code.

Overlaying Cards, gestures, and other webOS features as a UI skin on top of Android give you the beauty of webOS with the speed and apps of Android. Instead of Touch-To-Share, we would get the full Near Field Communication standards and USB Host (USB On the Go). The webOS UI on Android seems to be the best of both worlds.

Three things complicate this.

First, Samsung already licensed 74 foundational Palm patents on March 7, 2011.

Second, Samsung makes the 720p 4.5" Nexus Prime due in October, the first ICS phone. Duarte has said that ICS is where he will take his UI to the next level bringing in the Honeycomb cards plus the rest of his ideas. So Samsung would know if webOS will add value.

Third, two weeks ago, Thisismynext reported that Samsung hires CyanogenMod founder Steve Kondik. As PreCentral reported, Cyanogen has already added gestures, etc. to their own Android ROM.

Does the fact that Samsung already has the Palm patents make webOS more or less attractive? Is Ice Cream Sandwich the next level of Duarte's UI? Why did Samsung hire Cyanogen's chief architect?

Samsung already knows all these answer. We will too in a few weeks.
    if this is true consider yourselves lucky as samsung make great hardware. if this comes to light im coming back to webos asap.
    better than nothing at all.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    better than nothing at all.
    I agree but to some people on this site it's like saying:

"We can save your son by growing a clone of him. Just like a twin, he will have share no memories of you from your original son and be a completely different person but he will look just like your son."
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts

That would give the UI of webOS with all the apps and speed of Android.

HTC and Samsung need a way to better differentiate themselves now that Google bought Motorola.
    Once you have the webos patents and 200-300 highly skilled OS engineers (the other 200-300 are hardware engineers) --- and you are as big as Samsung --- you can fork Android.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    I agree but to some people on this site it's like saying:

"We can save your son by growing a clone of him. Just like a twin, he will have share no memories of you from your original son and be a completely different person but he will look just like your son."
    Just look at the history of Palm itself --- they bought BeOS --- ditched the OS itself but kept the OS engineers.

The webos patents and the software engineers are more valuable than the webos source code itself.
    ... Why did Samsung hire Cyanogen's chief architect?

Samsung already knows all these answer. We will too in a few weeks.
    Few weeks before that Samsung approached François Simond (supercurio), creator of Voodoo lagfix, Voodoo sound fix and Voodoo control plus. Lagfix is utility for repartitioning system-data-cache partitions from rfs to more advanced ext# filesystems. But his masterpiece is Voodoo control plus app for Wolfson audio codec improvements. Guy managed to boost audio on GalaxyS, and some other devices with same codec above Ipod/Ipad levels. I've asked him to check Touchpad but he politely said no (maybe now when Android porting is on its way to Touchpad).
    I can only guess Samsung is ready to battle not only Apple, but HTC and moreover Moto-Google.
    I don't know is there a room for webOS in Samsung's plans, but it would be great to see Samsung powered webOS device, armed with some real weapons.
    milominderbinde likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast