Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johncc
  1.    #1  
    I'm thinking they got some information on what the next iphone and ipad are going to feature, and they decided they could not compete.

What do you guys think?
    I think you're on the wrong site and drinking too much of the Apple Kolaid.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    if thats the case then hp are a bunch of cowards. I don't think they need any leaked info to be able to predict that the next gen apple hardware would be impressive. Unless they completely lack foresight.
    is that so crazy? Look at what cisco did with the market leader flip camera? And for the record webos rocks and apple sucks so dont call me biased that way
    No way. They (management) are just incompetent.
    DJeremyC and Rnp like this.
  6.    #6  
    Im not promoting apple hardware jut sayin that the touchpad was competing with the ipad 1st gen. Maybe they got info on the next ipad and just said our touchpad 2 isnt going to make a difference. Thats why they probably said in order to get webos going, its going to require a huge investment without clear return.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I think it comes down to the webOS unit bleeding money in the short term, it being part of the PSG and HP wanting to sell the PSG and needing it too look attractive to a buyer.
    No I don't think so. My guess is that Leo never wanted Palm to succeed so that he can turn HP into SAP. It's not secret what needs to be done to compete. He just didn't want to do so. After a year, he threw in the towel before actually getting into the fight. Now he can at least say that there was an effort but the facts point to Leo not really being serious about WebOS and completely being out of touch with the employees and the market itself.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9.    #9  
    it might just boil down to LEO giving up before he even got started...
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    Im not promoting apple hardware jut sayin that the touchpad was competing with the ipad 1st gen. Maybe they got info on the next ipad and just said our touchpad 2 isnt going to make a difference. Thats why they probably said in order to get webos going, its going to require a huge investment without clear return.
    That's because it was designed last year before HP bought Palm. The 7" TouchPad Go was supposed to be a new design and should have been more competitive in that market segment. But, we'll never know.