Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Exhnozoaa
  • 1 Post By beardedspoooon
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    16gb hp touchpad

Looks like at least some of their employees have been allowed to stock up on touchpads while everyone else waits in line outside. Way to go BB!

To be fair this guy could be lying, but I can't imagine why. Craigslist isn't the place to go and lie about having something to sell, save that trick for ebay!
  2. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm sure this happened all over the place.

I worked at EB Games when the Wii and PS3 came out and while there were "procedures" put in place to try and stop employee's from getting first pick at the systems, there were ****always**** ways around the rules. Just the way of things I guess.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The employees at my local Best Buy did the right thing and locked all of the Touchpads up in an office where only the manager could get to them. None were sold to employees. I ordered one at full price Saturday night for in store pickup. I walked in Sunday at opening time, picked it up, and got the price adjusted with no mishaps.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I wonder if it would do any good to forward it to Best Buy HQ?

I filled out the contact us form and included the link.
    A few days ago I went to Best Buy.

I waited in the store for 3 hours to secure a tablet.
    I went because I checked the Best Buy inventory online and it said that it was "available for pickup".
    So I went to pick one up.

First thing I do is ask if they have any. Obviously they say no. So I wait some to see if maybe a truck will come in. The place is dead, no one else is waiting for a tablet.

After about 3 hours of waiting I start seeing shift changes, I see about 5 Best Buy employees walk out, all with HP tablets in hand.
    Getting furious I walk up to the counter and tell them I just saw 5 employees walk out with tablets when they were telling me they had none. I knew they had more so I asked for one, the manager then proceeds to tell me that they have them there but they're all sold to Best Buy employees already.

I wait a little longer I end up leaving empty handed.
    I got on my computer when I got home again and I saw that the website still said that they were still "available for in store pickup".

I wasted my time and I am truly mad at Best Buy for doing this.
    What can you do though? :/
    In the opposite direction, my friend works at Best Buy, and he worked first shift on Saturday, so he was going to buy me one. Then Best Buy wasn't selling them. Then they started selling them, but employees at his store weren't allowed to buy them.
    DizWhiz likes this.
    on the one hand I can see your frustration. On the other hand its a crappy paying job with very few perks. Getting a firesale gadget is one.
    I worked part time at an auto parts store just for the employee discount. If some cool speed parts came in your damn straight I got first dibs, I work there fer chrisakes.
    besides its no different than the jackholes who bought 20 just to flip em.
    in the parlance of our times, blame the game not the player.
    I had what can only be called a GREAT experience at Best Buy yesterday. Inventory checker showed the store having both 16 and 32 GB in stock, so I headed to the store to get there before opening to get a ticket. I showed up 90 minutes before opening and there were two other people there in line. Store employee came out to hand out tickets, and then LET US IN early to buy our Touchpads. They had about 30 of each. They then sold the rest out 30 minutes after the store opened.
    I've had bad experiences at Best Buy in the past, and expected this one to be a huge fiasco, but it wasn't.
    Please don't blame the BBY employees. I hate to say it but many of us would do the same thing in their place. I can't imagine BBY pays all that well; chalk this up to one of the few perks of the job.

I hung out over at the Engadget thread which eventually evolved into a TP sighting resource, and I lost count of the number of people who worked themselves into a froth bashing BBY employees for hoarding stock (real or imagined), only to post a few hours later saying "Finally found some! I bought 5."

Personally, I blame BBY corporate for ceasing sales at bestbuy.com and sending all remaining inventory back to the stores, making it profoundly more difficult, time consuming, and frustrating for us to get one. I went to 3 best buys in a 20 mile radius, and went 0 for 3 (one of which had inventory according to the checker) when hey could have quickly and efficiently burned through their remaining stock in a few days if they kept selling via the web.
  10. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sucks. I still think this is really HP's fault. They didn't tell any of their vendors about the firesale announcement so they couldn't really prepare.
    if it was you working there, would you not buy yourself one too?
    I work at Best Buy but was in the process of transferring. I kept an eye on them all day and bought them. As did all the employees. Our policy was that if a customer asks to sell it but not to tell people we had them as well. We gave the company money, what does it matter? I would have rubbed my TouchPad in your face. It's a piece of **** anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sr/1 View Post
    Sucks. I still think this is really HP's fault. They didn't tell any of their vendors about the firesale announcement so they couldn't really prepare.
    That's the difference between a firesale and a clearance/sale/liquidation/etc... And vendors did get notified so don't blame HP for the behavior of their vendors.
    I can't complain about my local BB. Yesterday afternoon, when I went in to buy something else, I saw a line and asked what it was for. An employee told me that they'd gotten in about 80 of the TP's and they were being unloaded from the truck right away to sell. I got into line, and was one of the last to get a ticket. What impressed me was that there were at least 2 BB employee standing in line with us, and another one's wife. We were only allowed to buy one 16 g and one 32 g, so pretty much everyone in the line got at least one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tribestros View Post
    I work at Best Buy but was in the process of transferring. I kept an eye on them all day and bought them. As did all the employees. Our policy was that if a customer asks to sell it but not to tell people we had them as well. We gave the company money, what does it matter? I would have rubbed my TouchPad in your face. It's a piece of **** anyway.
    If you don't like it, why not sell it on here to a fan that actually wants one?

As a former BBY employee, I agree that employees should be able to buy them because regardless money is being given but BBY really should enforce a 1- or 2-per person limit.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by tribestros View Post
    Feel better?
    Dimpz likes this.
    So you're saying that because someone works at Best Buy they *shouldn't* be allowed to buy a clearance item? That's absurd. I could see getting upset if they walked out with 3-4 each but 1? Come on, that's ridiculous.
    I am a brand new WebOSer after finally getting my hands on a Touchpad lastnight at my local BB. I had been told earlier in the day that they may be getting some in the afternoon. On the way up to this particular store, I called the other store in town who told me they had just received a shipment, but there was already a line. I cruised to the store, there were only about three of us there at the time, and the guy I talked to earlier told me that the truck goes to their store after stopping at the first store. I figured they had some on the truck!

The manager of the store was very professional and very courteous. We waited in line for about an hour, and then the manager handed out tickets. They let us in three at a time in orderly fashion. We were only allowed to buy one TP per person, which I thought was very fair to everyone. Apparently the BB employees entered a lottery for one or two employees to be able to buy one, but that was it. No hoarding that I could tell, and other BB employees were in line with us. I dont mind the employees purchasing them, but certainly they should not be allowed to horde them for sale on CL or eBay.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had a good experience but my brother did have some problems. but they were at different best buys. I purchased my touchpad last saturday at our newest best buy. I called them up to see if they had any which they did and held one for me while I got there. Purchased with no problem. After I left, I did notice many employees putting them away for them.

My brother was also looking for one and yesterday we found out the best buys were going to have them. So they took off to best buy to get in line. They were already a few people ahead of them and what this best buy was doing was having them wait outside in line. You may think, what is waiting outside gonna hurt. Well I live in a city where the temperature has been at or over 105 for the past 3 months. They ended up leaving that best buy and head to the other one where I had purchased it days earlier with no problems at all. Went in and out with no hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by sullitf View Post
    [url= hp touchpad[/url]

Looks like at least some of their employees have been allowed to stock up on touchpads while everyone else waits in line outside. Way to go BB!

To be fair this guy could be lying, but I can't imagine why. Craigslist isn't the place to go and lie about having something to sell, save that trick for ebay!
    flagged for removal by craig's list, so the OP premise is moot.