Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blinktreo
    lol

your goal being?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Power in numbers!! Let him know we want WebOS!!!
    i could take your asking the goal as serious but the lol made it not serious.

i would like to hear more thoughts on suggestions for campaigns but an undirected and abstract one liner is not the way to do anything.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    want it how? They say that they intend to keep developing the software. I think there is zero chance that HP will reconsider entering the tablet/smartphone market and, based on their execution of launches, I would not want them to.
    I used to believe in HP
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    LOL!!! nice, I just want WebOS to live!!
    Lol - I for one appreciate your enthusiasm, but if you comb through the forums and frontpage articles, you'll see that this community has been trying these petitions for over 2 years now.

Good god, there was an email address posted for a Sprint rep who's been deluged by this community to bring a new webOS phone to Sprint. We get polite email responses, but decisions are made by folks unswayed by our small but extremely dedicated community. Especially since Leo is at the helm, who is completely unimaginative and is only concerned with providing profits to the investors. Poor sod is over his head, imho.

Latest news indicates that the HP execs are in a total clusterfark right now. Even industry watchers have no idea what the heck they'll do next.

My humble suggestion is to hang around the Precentral community, as well as other sites like WebOS Roundup, and continue agitating. Might make no difference, but at least you'll have folks agreeing with you to "Stick it to the Man!". =)
    No1up likes this.
    Done! hope all precentral member send email to HP CEO, tell him loudly that we want WebOS to live!
    Send an e-mail to the HP board of directors. I did. Tell 'em what you want. Presumably save webOS! But, I also told 'em that I wanted to see Leo ousted.

bod@hp.com
    Guys...I know y'all are upset...but take a closer look.

?) How did the market actually react to the early day rumor that HP was spinning off PSG?
    A) The stock went up. Yes, PSG is a HUGE revenue source, but several in the blogosphere have already pointed out that the PC business is cut-throat and every PC sold by PSG actually dilutes HP's profits due to low margins. You're actually starting to see positive reaction to this strategy.

?) When did HP's stock actually tank?
    A) When it became known that HP missed its numbers...again.

Short answer: Leo is doing what the board wants. This is probably why they hired a software guy and if you want more insight read Marc Andreeson's (HP board member) recent article "Why Software is Eating the World"

I'm as bummed as y'all. I don't know how or if sending a ton of spam to a board or ceo mailbox actually accomplishes anything. But while the board won't be enthused about the loss of value, I'm guessing they're getting what they, and ultimately the market, really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    Guys...I know y'all are upset...but take a closer look.

?) How did the market actually react to the early day rumor that HP was spinning off PSG?
    A) The stock went up. Yes, PSG is a HUGE revenue source, but several in the blogosphere have already pointed out that the PC business is cut-throat and every PC sold by PSG actually dilutes HP's profits due to low margins. You're actually starting to see positive reaction to this strategy.

?) When did HP's stock actually tank?
    A) When it became known that HP missed its numbers...again.

Short answer: Leo is doing what the board wants. This is probably why they hired a software guy and if you want more insight read Marc Andreeson's (HP board member) recent article "Why Software is Eating the World"

I'm as bummed as y'all. I don't know how or if sending a ton of spam to a board or ceo mailbox actually accomplishes anything. But while the board won't be enthused about the loss of value, I'm guessing they're getting what they, and ultimately the market, really want.
    I remember when Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did what the board wanted. Wait, no that rarely happened, and they thrived. Maybe I dreamt that.

"A windowed operating system? A smartphone? Enterprise software? A digital walkman???!? A tablet!? The board will never go for that. Let's make more punch-tape."
    heh...note I wasn't actually debating the correctness of the strategy.

I was merely trying to point out 2 flawed preconceptions I am seeing stated repeatedly by folks grasping at straws.

anything could happen, but honestly if Leo were let go now it would probably have less to do with his strategy and more to do with two consecutive disappointing quarters.