1.    #1  
    Hi all,

For what ever it's worth...her is what HP now says about it's PC division, after it killed off webOS and slit the throat of it's PC division...please see link.

take care,

Jay

HP: we're not "quitting" PC business
    By Nicole Kobie
    Posted on 25 Aug 2011 at 15:50

HP: we're not "quitting" PC business | News | PC Pro

HP isn't quitting the PC business, it's only thinking about it, a top UK executive has said.

Last week, HP surprised many with a trio of big announcements, saying it would drop its WebOS TouchPad, buy Autonomy for $11.7bn, and spin off its PC arm, called Personal Systems Group (PSG).
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    So HP devalued their stock for no reason then? Sounds like HP has no idea what the hell they want.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    So HP devalued their stock for no reason then? Sounds like HP has no idea what the hell they want.
    Hi, you hit the nail on the head...they are completely OTL, as the Brits would say.

(One of of my childhood friends did a clinical rotation in a London Hospital, from here in the USA, the 1st day she was there she was reading the chart of a patient in the ER, it noted in her file that she was "completely OTL", my friend could imagine what it stood for...when she asked at the nurse's desk, the entire ER burst out laughing b/c OTL stands for OUT TO LUNCH, LOL!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    "We're not quitting PC's but we'll be quitting Leo 'in the coming months'..."
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I heartily agree. I've been back and forth about this, because I truly think webOS is the best mobile OS out there. Is there some secret plan? Flood the market with fire-sale Touchpads, get folks to see that it's a good OS, and then surprise everyone with a new partner?

More likely, Leo made a power-play and said "there's an earnings report coming up, and we've gotta convince the shareholders that 'we're going to trim unprofitable business units'". You can do scheiss like that when you're a small company, but if you're a huge mega-corp like HP, you're going to get pushback from the VPs and investors.

Leo is a very, very weak CEO. And he's demonstrated it. Bradley should've had his job. Now the adults at HP are trying to backpedal, in my humble opinion.
    They are quitting, now that Samsung has backed away, they want to increase the price by saying we want to do it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.