Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  • 1 Post By angiest
  • 2 Post By pogeypre
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By LCGuy
  1.    #1  
    stupid journalists, I am tired of them.
    HP said at the outset it would continue the software development and put it on printers and pcs, it also said it wants to put them on finance, retail and logistic appliances (whatever that means, see DeWitt interview on Bloomberg from last week).

On another note, I am so sad that the future of webOS mobile devices is once more uncertain.
    .... I say, crap or get off the throne...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

65fastback likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    HP said at the outset it would continue the software development and put it on printers and pcs, it also said it wants to put them on finance, retail and logistic appliances (whatever that means, see DeWitt interview on Bloomberg from last week).

On another note, I am so sad that the future of webOS mobile devices is once more uncertain.
    But when you combine this with Bradley's recent comments that HP will still be in the tablet business, just not WebOS-enabled tablets and the fact that he said HP will decide in 8-12 weeks what to do with their PC division it just adds up to total confusion. The former statment conflicts with HP's statment last week that they were done with hardware. The latter statement conflicts with HP's numerous statements last week saying they were going to spin off their PC division.

Now they are putting things on their website acknowledging that they now see enormous interest in WebOS, which gives the impression they are having 2nd thoughts (although that may not be what they mean at all). What's the use of a WebOS-enabled printer without a WebOS-enabled smartphone or tablet?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    How will HP put webOS (no name change for me) on PC's when they are going to get out of the business?
    nyquistjack likes this.
    I think what you have is the brain not communicating with the foot which triggers a fall that the brain then tries to blame on the foot. The foot is now responding that it still wants to walk and will support the body.

All the while the brain is considering amputation as the best way to facilitate the foot and its desires to walk.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

YankBoy and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I think what you have is the brain not communicating with the foot which triggers a fall that the brain then tries to blame on the foot. The foot is now responding that it still wants to walk and will support the body.

All the while the brain is considering amputation as the best way to facilitate the foot and its desires to walk.
    Will you be my doctor?
    pogeypre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    +1. Nothing in the story supports the headline. HP said from the beginning that they were discontinuing the devices and were not sure what they were going to do with webOS. Nothing in this article contradicts that, and nothing shows that the fire sale somehow renewed HP's commitment to webOS. HP's future for webOS might still include selling it to someone else.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I will say this only once, at the risk of sounding like I have pie in the sky hopes:

First, fire LA in the press. Don't even tell him, let him find out in a PRPRPR $like$ $the$ $WebOS$ $hardware$ $team$ $did$ $the$ $day$ $of$ $his$ $announcement$.

Then, appoint Tom Bradley CEO. He runs the PSG, and know's which end is up, and what time it really is, in the tech world.

And finally, based on the extreme interest in WebOS over the past week, they CAN, and SHOULD, retract their newly adopted WebOS policy, publically, announcing that all current orders for devices will be honored at discount prices, and that all currently produced hardware will be available for sale at slightly higher, but still discounted prices, to make way for NEW WebOS hardware that was in the pipelines before the announcement.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein