1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP: Where is it going?
    By Dennis Howlett | August 23, 2011, 10:13pm PDT

HP: Where is it going? | ZDNet

Summary: It is clear HP is in trouble. But what of that? How bad is it and what should any of us do who follow this company?

I am gobsmacked at the amount of back channel conversations Iíve been hefting around HP. Mostly from people that truly want to understand what the heck is going on at this beleaguered company. I cannot provide direct insight except to the limited extent I receive Twitter DMís on this topic from people who claim special knowledge. That usually means theyíve had coffee with a ****ed off VP. It does include well placed HP insiders who are scrambling for position. Be that as it may be and understand that stress does odd things to otherwise rational people.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    An article read today stated that HP would decide what to do with its PC division in 8-12 weeks and Bradley said HP is still going to be in the tablet business, just not WebOS tablets. I thought HP had already decided what to do with the PC division and they said they were done with hardware. I don't think HP knows what its doing. It's frustrating that people who are bringing 6 and 7 digit salaries can be so incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    An article read today stated that HP would decide what to do with its PC division in 8-12 weeks and Bradley said HP is still going to be in the tablet business, just not WebOS tablets. I thought HP had already decided what to do with the PC division and they said they were done with hardware. I don't think HP knows what its doing. It's frustrating that people who are bringing 6 and 7 digit salaries can be so incompetent.
    Add to that that Dewit said they will have more specific details on what they are doing in the next 2 weeks.

Add to this the huge demand for the TP in any form, the Pre 3, the reported cessation of selling a Pre 3 in the US, backchannel distribution issues for the already produced WebOS devices, the unit pricing issues, the recent product launches mere days before the doomsday announcement, the fact that most Executives didn't even know what was decided, the 25% haircut stock price in less then 12 hours after their announcement, and I'd say, in no uncertain terms:

There is little to no leadership at HP, and too many VP's are guessing at what LA wants them to do, rather than knowing, without a doubt, how to proceed.

oy.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein