Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The article, from Beatweek Magazine, is titled, "HP TouchPad dead-weight sale: five reasons tablet isnít worth $99".
    Here's the link:
    HP TouchPad dead-weight sale: five reasons tablet isnít worth $99 : Beatweek Magazine

While certainly everyone is entitled their opinion, even tech writers, this is just crazy. I could quote the author and negate his blatantly wrong "facts" but it would take too long. Check out the article and just try not to have a puzzled look on your brow. "Thereís absolutely no reason to buy one," I think not. It's too bad the comments are closed on the article or I'd give the author an ear-full.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    link damaged? i get a 404 when i clicked
    Wow. A bad review in Beatweek? It's over. [/snark]
    Looks like they changed the permalink - always sign of a terrible news source:

HP TouchPad dead-horse sale: five reasons tablet is not worth $99 : Beatweek Magazine
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carterlite View Post
    While certainly everyone is entitled their opinion,
    You're right, but that doesn't mean they're entitled to a good opinion...
    And it makes the same points others are making here in just different ways.

QUOTE=carterlite;3094501]The article, from Beatweek Magazine, is titled, "HP TouchPad dead-weight sale: five reasons tablet isnít worth $99".
    Here's the link:
    HP TouchPad dead-weight sale: five reasons tablet isnít worth $99 : Beatweek Magazine

While certainly everyone is entitled their opinion, even tech writers, this is just crazy. I could quote the author and negate his blatantly wrong "facts" but it would take too long. Check out the article and just try not to have a puzzled look on your brow. "Thereís absolutely no reason to buy one," I think not. It's too bad the comments are closed on the article or I'd give the author an ear-full.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah not really going to expect a biased review form a site that states in the About section
    "Beatweek is the publication for music, podcasting, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and social media
    lovers"

Might as well ask Steve Jobs to write the review thought as technology guy even Steve would be more upbeat. Also I like his reference to Geek writers. I suppose we are to trust the hipster writers of "Beatweek". (Note I had to recheck the website title cause it was so easly forgotten).
    Didn't bother to read it, but quite obviously there are thousands of people who don't share his opinion.
    let's not give that clown any more page views.
    rkguy likes this.
    Actually that article/"review" could be very good for the webOS faithful. Normal non-webOS knowing potential purchasers may read it and decide not to buy from eBay etc. The resellers may then reduce the prices just to get rid of them, meaning that we can buy them. Well, here's hoping, anyway! :P
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    This is not a "bad review"... this is a IPad ads!!

Interesting... if the webOS is dead, if the Touchpad is bad... there is many, but really many people now uncomfortable, that never has manifested against the Androids/xing-ling tablets that cost $ 99.00...

I can imagine "why"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    (Forgive me if this has already been posted; I couldn't find if it was, but maybe I was just blind and dumb. Anyways...)

I stumbled upon this article which states that even for $99, the Touchpad is a bad deal: [url]

I can admit that at first I thought he was serious... and then I looked at some of the other articles:
    * "iPhone 5 release date delivers iPhone 4S as sub-$100 bargain sidekick"
    * "Duet: Lady GaGa and Cher confirm collaboration on ďThe Greatest ThingĒ"

...Unless this guy IS serious. In that case, woe to him, because I'm sure he's going to have another hole ripped into him. Too bad his comments are disabed...
    Last edited by nick15; 08/24/2011 at 09:36 PM.
    i read the post...i have no idea what else he's written but he's serious about that article.

Quote Originally Posted by nick15 View Post
    (Forgive me if this has already been posted; I couldn't find if it was, but maybe I was just blind and dumb. Anyways...)

I stumbled upon this article which states that even for $99, the Touchpad is a bad deal:

I can admit that at first I thought he was serious... and then I looked at some of the other articles:
    * "iPhone 5 release date delivers iPhone 4S as sub-$100 bargain sidekick"
    * "Duet: Lady GaGa and Cher confirm collaboration on “The Greatest Thing”"

...Unless this guy IS serious. In that case, woe to him, because I'm sure he's going to have another hole ripped into him. Too bad his comments are disabed...
    My favorite line from the "article":

"There’s absolutely no reason to buy one."

Right. Because I haven't been lusting after a 9.7-inch tablet for web browsing and ebooks for the past two years. And God knows the TouchPad can't do those two things.

/sarcasm
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Here's the link:
    Thanks, I don't know why my link kept disappearing on me... Unless my current user level won't allow me to post links yet? Probably...
    Hmmmm. I just joined and I recently posted a couple of links....
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    My favorite line from the "article":

"Thereís absolutely no reason to buy one."

Right. Because I haven't been lusting after a 9.7-inch tablet for web browsing and ebooks for the past two years. And God knows the TouchPad can't do those two things.

/sarcasm
    clearly we all bought them for angry birds in HD.
    johncase3 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    clearly we all bought them for angry birds in HD.
    Yep that was all I needed to hear!!! and I was on it... lol
    johncase3 likes this.
    He's just jealous 'cause he couldn't buy one at firesale prices, *****!
    Last edited by STARGATE; 08/24/2011 at 10:16 PM.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast