Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or has Rubenstein been completely silent about recent events? I am curious as to what he would have to say about all of this, after all, webOS was kind of his baby, as was the hardware. Where does that put him now?
    In some place "coming soon"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    he is in a different job, so he would have no business saying anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by aitikin View Post
    Is it just me, or has Rubenstein been completely silent about recent events? I am curious as to what he would have to say about all of this, after all, webOS was kind of his baby, as was the hardware. Where does that put him now?
    this whole disaster is because of the failure of the Palm hardware design department. That is Rubenstein's baby. The bad build of the original Pre is what killed Palm. Who is responsible for that? Ruby I think.

continuing to build the pebble form factor in Veer and Pre3? Ruby's design. I like it, but the public does not. At least two slab phones never made it out, always too far behind.

they should have contracted out the design to HTC a year ago. Htc did the Palm Pro Win Mobile phone, apparently the best Treo style phone ever made.

Ruby has had his legacy repudiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    they should have contracted out the design to HTC a year ago. Htc did the Palm Pro Win Mobile phone, apparently the best Treo style phone ever made.
    Just to take the other side, IMO, comparing Pro to Pre is comparing apples to oranges.:
    1. I never liked the thin, hard to use, Pro navigation ring as compared to the 755P.
    2. The build issue with the Pre was mostly about the slider mechanism which the Pro didn't have.
    3. Remove the slider, and you have a pixi. Never heard about any build problems with the pixi (I have one too).

That said, HTC, might have done a better job, but nobody had ever done a curved slider before so the design might have been a challenge no matter who did it...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-