1.    #1  
    This weekend for me has been epic and never in my life has a deal like this come across. Now listening to a few podcasts like twit and tuaw plus a lot more people are acting like even at 99 dollars this is still not worth it. Yet all of them are probably the same people slamming the servers.

Why do people think webos is dead? I would think after this weekend it surpassed android for number 2 spot. Is HP not allowing devs to make any more apps I never heard that.

After using this for a day I sold my ipad 2, yeah the ipad 2 is better but it's not 400 dollars better for me.
    WebOS is on life support.
    First, I doubt that it surpassed Android tablets, not even Honeycomb tablets. No way the TouchPad has sold over 2 million units. Second, even if by some miracle it did do so, it won't last long because, you know, it's no longer being made.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4.    #4  
    well I really don't count android before honeycomb because that's just a phone os, have any honeycomb tablets sold in millions because I find that hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fataldesain View Post
    well I really don't count android before honeycomb because that's just a phone os, have any honeycomb tablets sold in millions because I find that hard to believe.
    Well the Nook and Flyer sold pretty well. The first two months the tab was out in america and the U.K. retailers were calling it the fastest selling tab since the ipad and I even went to a couple location where they were pushing it hard.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fataldesain View Post
    Why do people think webos is dead?
    Can you name me an OS that is surviving without new hardware tech being produced?

I can't think of any myself...
    Anyone claiming that the tablet isn't worth $99 is full of it. It's still pretty much a brand new tablet that's almost as good in most regards as the iPad.
    Most people never gave it a chance. It was late to the game and HP/Palm came in with a history of failing to deliver in the mobile space.

Also, most people have a built-in bias against something that's not already popular. Classic herd mentality. It would have been a challenge to get a fair shake even if HP delivered an outstanding device with few flaws. Instead they released something that gave the doubters plenty of opportunity to find fault and overlook all the fundamental goodness of WebOS.

How often do you suppose the "experts" at Best Buy, Verizon, or AT&T actually recommended a WebOS device to a customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Most people never gave it a chance. It was late to the game and HP/Palm came in with a history of failing to deliver in the mobile space.

Also, most people have a built-in bias against something that's not already popular. Classic herd mentality. It would have been a challenge to get a fair shake even if HP delivered an outstanding device with few flaws. Instead they released something that gave the doubters plenty of opportunity to find fault and overlook all the fundamental goodness of WebOS.

How often do you suppose the "experts" at Best Buy, Verizon, or AT&T actually recommended a WebOS device to a customer?
    Well, the TouchPad is certainly popular now!!
    Maybe the herd mentality will work in our favor for once!
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Samsung already sold millions of the galaxy tab. HP did not make that many touchpads. I think the most negative thing about the pad is just how laggy it is. If it didn't have those lag problems I think more people would actually like it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    I have to agree. I was never a WebOS user. I went straight from BB to Android. I had an iPod Touch, but never was a fan of Apple. I really enjoy Android's ability for customization, widgets, etc. which is why I own an Android tablet. There is no way in hell WebOS is #2, not by a long shot (sorry for being blunt).

WebOS never really caught my eye, but for $150 how could I pass this up? I gotta say, my inital impressions are ok, but not great. This is a Powerful tablet, but I'm concerned with how laggy the browser is. Its not as responsive on a lot of websites I visit (including this one). I'm sure if there were a couple upgrades and maybe giving this away with the purchase of an HP laptop or printer would've been a better idea. The HP market isn't very big so its hard to gauge what I will be able to do with this day in and day out. I can't seem to view documents from Quickoffice because all the text looks like big blocks across the page.

The HUGE issue for me is that it doesn't have bluetooth compatibility with my current HP printer (C5550). This issue should've been worked out WAY before the Touchpad went on the market. How can you sell a product that's not compatible with your company's other devices?

As sad as it is to say, Microsoft is doing it right. They're spending billions of dollars, not with B rated celebrities, but with companies to push their product in their phones and soon to be tablets. I'll keep tinkering with this Touchpad a bit longer because it really is a creative UI, but I just don't feel its up to par with what's out there. I'm totally cool with being proved wrong, I just don't see it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    No offense, but Windows Mobile 7 came WAY after WebOS and they've dominated HP. Don't put all your eggs in one basket (or your own OS in your own phone. HP is not as creative as Apple or has the damn zombie following)
  13.    #13  
    just because we don't know what's going to happen with webos right now doesn't mean the ceo doesn't either. Just enjoy for now webos is not going to die.