Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Again....anyone know how to convert the Pocket PC database, date book to Palm one?????

Todd
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    After crushing my HP Jornada in the passenger seat-back latch of my car (stupid.....I know) I was without my PDA.

I never thought I'd buy a Palm product, I was very happy with the Pocket PC, OS and software.

But, I needed a new phone and had to replace my PDA. Hmm....time to look at smartphones.

I looked at the HP6315, but the damn thing is just a PDA that tries to pass itself off as a cell phone. Have any of you held that thing up to your ear? Then looked at the Siemens product and finally "settled" at looking at the Treo 650.

Was I ever wrong! I LOVE the 650 and all it does. I've started using the Palm desktop as my default application and barely ever open Outlook anymore.

I'm a definite convert to Palm.......can't wait for the Treo 700 now
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
    Again....anyone know how to convert the Pocket PC database, date book to Palm one?????

Todd
    Can CSV files do the convert?

Todd
    What do you want converted? If you have a PPC, you should have Outlook. The Treo (rather Palm Desktop/HotSync) has an Outlook conduit.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Todd
    I synch both with Outlook on my PC to keep my PIM stuff up to date on both the PPC and Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    I synch both with Outlook on my PC to keep my PIM stuff up to date on both the PPC and Treo.
    Ditto here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here is a previous post I made regarding this subject:

I have owned all of the devices below, switching devices almost every 4-8 months. I switched to the Treo 600 in December of 2003 and have not looked back. It is the only device I have owned for almost a year and a half without upgrading or looking for the next big thing. The thing simply works. My only gripe is that I can't have multiple addresses stored for each contact in the native PIM databases. Other than that I am golden.

I was a big 2 piece proponent but got tired of forgetting and leaving either the PDA or phone at home. Nowo when I leave I grab the Treo 600 and my wallet and have everything I will ever need with me.

Current: Treo 600

The Past: HP 48SX, HP 48GX, HP 200LX 1MB, HP 200LX 2MB, Apple Newton 120, Apple MessagePad 2100, Palm Pilot Personal, Philips Velo 1, HP 620LX, HP 660LX, HP Jornada 680, Franklin REX, HP Jornada 690, Sharp TriPad, Clio-1050, IBM z50, Compaq Aero 2130, Casio E-115, Casio E-125, Handspring Visor Prism, HP Jornada 568, Toshiba e740, iPAQs 3650, 3670, 3850, 3870, 3955, 5450, 128 MB iPAQ 3970, iPAQ 5555 with SonyEricsson T68
    An interesting question you post...I don't know what I would be considered...maybe just a junkie? I've always like either platform; they each have their own unique differences and depending on the "main" use, the other one could just plain suck. There are have been times in my life when one far outweighed the other in practicality, and for right now, the T650 has my back. It's hard to imagine myself with anything else at this moment, but then again, I said that 8 months ago.

Just for kicks, here is a reasonably accurate list of my past:
    Sharp Wizard, Casio B.O.S.S., Palm 1000, Palm III, Palm IIIxe, Visor (8MB), Casio E115, Palm V, iPAQ 3850, Samsung i300, Palm 515, iPAQ 3970, Toshiba e740, iPAQ something, Palm Tungsten C, iPAQ 5555, Dell Axim X30, and finally my first Treo.

It's been a long road, and I'd like to say I still have every one of these fine devices, however, only a few have survived the economy.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12