1.    #1  
    I was holding out for a Pre 3, but that's gone. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a phone either currently or down the line that will be...

-Portrait Slider
    -4G
    -Dual/quad Core
    -Front and Rear facing cameras

I realize i'm just going to have to get use to a less elegant OS. (Good try though blackberry OS7, but your latest hardware should've been better)

Suggestions??
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I saw a post on here that said VzW would release the Pre3 on Sept 18. I thought the thread was post apocalyptic announcement. Any word on that? A Pre3 could last me 2 years.

Any comments?
  3.    #3  
    I wouldn't count on it.
    I've been looking at some Android phones and have yet to find one which has a phone factor that seems like the designer actually intended the thing to be used as a phone and fit in a pocket. It really kills me to think that on top of having to deal with a second rate operating system I'm going to have to deal with poorly thought out hardware design as well. As Charlie Brown would say, "AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!".

Gargoyle
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    We got Nexus S' this weekend from BB (so a nice 30 day return window if anything strange happens, of if we flat out can't stomach it after being spoiled the last two years). Yes, it is bigger than the Pre, but it's not the biggest phone out there. No physical keyboard. but that has been the least of my problems. I can't stand not having true multitasking. I would routinely launch several browser cards at once, for instance, if I wanted to follow a link I would open it in a new card and come back to it later. If there is any way of doing that with Android I have yet to find it.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I got a Motorola Photon this weekend. Sprint would be one of the parties that will benefit somewhat from HP's (or Leo's) stupidity. For many Sprint Pre users that were sitting on the fence waiting for Pre 3 to show up somewhere, they now have very good reason to leave Sprint. At the least they got me for two more years.

So far Photon has been good. It has a load of features that my Pre- missed. However, some of the day to day things are getting a little harder. But it is all about tradeoffs. For example, the thing is so big, it is hard for me to do everything one hand.

I like most about the Photon is the voice command feature. It does a very decent job. For anyone interested in Chinese, Google's translation app can even recognize speaking Chinese (though not as good as in English).

I am still getting used to the virtual keyboard. It is a pain for me. People keep saying Swype and Moto multitouch are good, but I still many mistakes. It is very stressful to type something. But the Moto XPRT has a keyboard, but I wanted to give virtual keyboard a try and Photon has more capabilities.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I got a Motorola Photon this weekend. Sprint would be one of the parties that will benefit somewhat from HP's (or Leo's) stupidity. For many Sprint Pre users that were sitting on the fence waiting for Pre 3 to show up somewhere, they now have very good reason to leave Sprint. At the least they got me for two more years.

So far Photon has been good. It has a load of features that my Pre- missed. However, some of the day to day things are getting a little harder. But it is all about tradeoffs. For example, the thing is so big, it is hard for me to do everything one hand.

I like most about the Photon is the voice command feature. It does a very decent job. For anyone interested in Chinese, Google's translation app can even recognize speaking Chinese (though not as good as in English).

I am still getting used to the virtual keyboard. It is a pain for me. People keep saying Swype and Moto multitouch are good, but I still many mistakes. It is very stressful to type something. But the Moto XPRT has a keyboard, but I wanted to give virtual keyboard a try and Photon has more capabilities.
    I *looked* at the XPRT. Felt like the kind of blackberries I rejected two years ago on my way to finding the Pre.

The Photon was my other option (and playing Angry Birds on a TV at the Sprint store was cool), and it came down to the price. I was prepared to pay ~$200 for a Pre 3, but not for an Android phone.
  8.    #8  
    the XPRT looks interesting, but i do want a portrait slider, plus that thing doesn't have a front-facing camera.

Anyone consider a Dell Venue Pro? The specs are outdated now, maybe the next version?

Or Windows mobile in general? It does have multitasking...
    Last edited by littledrew; 08/22/2011 at 09:24 PM.