Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    FYI guys, for those who ordered their Touchpads through QVC, they are honoring returns even if you're over the 30 day period and you've sent out the rebate form. Sounds good to me as I was about to sell mine on CL or eBay for 75% of what I paid for. Whew.

The rep I spoke was aware of the situation. Mine is going back. I'm tempted to purchase one tho @ $99.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    I'm tempted to purchase one tho @ $99.
    Where.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to send mine back on monday and see if staples here in canada will price match bb or futureshop. The staples site says they will beat prices by 10%.
    What I'd love to get from QVC is to let me keep mine and make no more payments. I'd think they'd rather do that than have the bother of getting it back and having to process a return and refund. If I could get it for what I've already paid (2 installments - $110 refund = about $175 including tax and shipping) and if I still get the $50 rebate from HP that I've submitted and I hav the $50 app promo code, then the net cost to me would be $75 for the TouchPad and case and touchstone. That would make it certainly worth keeping, even as a Kindle reader and web browser and digital photo frame. As long as synergy continues to work and all apps work as they do now even if never updated, I'd be happy to have mine because I love it. My main disappointment would be that Audible will probably never get to webOS because I have books on my account from my T|X days that I can only access through that device. I also do wish Netflix and editable documents would have made it to the TouchPad before this news.

I'm going to wait a little while to see what shakes out and contact QVC before my next installment gets close mid-September. (Plus, I threw my box away--kept 1 from the 2 bought for hubby and me in case of repairs needed, but surely they'd take it without a box in these circumstances?)
    ginasno1, volvoheader and DD007 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    FYI guys, for those who ordered their Touchpads through QVC, they are honoring returns even if you're over the 30 day period and you've sent out the rebate form. Sounds good to me as I was about to sell mine on CL or eBay for 75% of what I paid for. Whew.

The rep I spoke was aware of the situation. Mine is going back. I'm tempted to purchase one tho @ $99.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Where.
    Hi all,

One of my friends just ordered one ffrom PC Richards for $99!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm with you...I'm hoping to get another price match email from qvc.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I just talked to QVC and the rep said she couldn't price match but I can return it for a refund.
    I emailed QVC customer service asking them to let me keep my 2 TouchPads and drop the last 3 installment payments. I don't want to return them, but won't pay the last 3 installments. I hope if everyone paying on installments bombards them, maybe they'll change their policy.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I also emailed QVC and am waiting to hear back. Has anyone got a response yet?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    think I'll try emailing them too...
    Hi all,

I wondering if QVC is going to return them all to HP for a refund...that's why they don't want to cut a deal with all of you...the reason why I thought about is as follows:

One of my closest friends ordered one from P C Richards yesterday for $99. His step son also wanted one..they ran out...so he called HP...HP said they were getting back 275,000 from Best Buy, (plus many more from other vendors), and they would sell them more than likely at a close out firm, (were guessing it would be stores such as Big Lots, etc)...

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all forget my last posting, apparently Best Buy decided to sell theirs.

Take care

Jay
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    your not going to be able to fine one for 100$ i checked every store and they were all sold out i got REALLY lucky that pc richard has a truck coming this week tho and they let me buy them =]
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    your not going to be able to fine one for 100$ i checked every store and they were all sold out i got REALLY lucky that pc richard has a truck coming this week tho and they let me buy them =]
    Hi, go to the front page of this site, apparently Best Buy has decided not to ship their TouchPads back to HP and to sell them off directly....HP told my friend that Best Buy has 270,000 of them that were to be returned and now they will be sold directly from Best Buy.

Take care,

Jay
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just got this response and it's outrageous!

Dear Mr. &&&

Thank you for emailing QVC.

We regret that while we try to present the best value available, we do not
    match the prices of other retailers. However, you may return the HP
    TouchPad 32GB Wi-Fi Touchstone Dock & Case based on the packing slip
    instructions for a refund, less the prepaid label fee and original shipping
    cost.

The TouchPad comes with "HP Butler Service". This is a free service
    provided by HP for set up needs and an introduction to the webOS features.
    Butler Agents are trained and cerified to delivery Butler orientation.

For HP webOS Service 90-day Toll-Free Service Assistance you may go to
    HP USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses or call 1.866.945.7256.

It has been a pleasure assisting you. *We look forward to serving you again
    in the future!
    Here is the email reply I got.

Hello Mr. .....,

It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm writing in response to your inquiry concerning the HP TouchPad 32GB Wi-Fi Touchstone Dock & Case from Order #. At this time, we have not had an announcements regarding additional refunds being issued for this item.

Please feel free to return this item for a refund or member credit. We ask that you send the item back within ten days. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions on your pack slip.

If you no longer have the packing slip or didn't receive a Q Return Label, you may obtain a label by following these steps: 1) access the Order Status link on QVC.com to sign in to your account, 2) find the order with the item you want to return, 3) click on the order and then click the link "Print Return Label." Complete the return instructions and print the return label.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Enjoy your week ahead!

Regards,

Stephanie

Since we know things can change overnight, I will wait as long as I can before I return mine.
    PS. I am burning through my $50 App credit, before I return it, in the hope some of our developers may get something in return for their efforts. I hope they benefit from it.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    If anyone hears different...please post..I will also.
    Any new news?
    And the rep told me that corporate just received information about it today and they need to communicate with HP due to the package pricing of the touchpad/case/charger. E-mails will supposedly go out to all touchpad customers within the next few weeks. I'm on easy pay myself so I hope this gets resolved quickly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast