Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The next few weeks? Geeze, we probably won't be able to even return them if it takes that long. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a firesale one over the weekend. So if I don't hear something soon from them ill just return it. If they do some price adjustment then ill keep both give one to my husband.
    Good to know. Thanks for the update. I will wait patiently for the news. I'm sure they will do something good.
    Does anyone know if QVC has any stock? Do they hold their inventory somewhere or is it all just drop shipped from manufacturer when sold? Was thinking that they had a package deal with charger and case for sale right before news broke so wonder if they are sitting on some ready to ship.
    Today QVC so far is saying we will get a full refund if my wife and I ship our two back. No price matching now. REALLY? NOW, QVC? REALLY? We love our TP's (no, we have NOT named them yet, but calling one a TP is a little demeaning) but will NOT risk shipping them back to uncooperative QVC and be stuck not being able to buy one at the much better pricing or at all elsewhere. Which now seems would happen. We did the financing payment plan at QVC, have made two payments now, and hoped that newly unreasonable QVC would price match and call it even by not requiring further payments. QVC says no. QVC, a really great company and customer friendly heretofore, now seems REAL slow to want to keep that rep. Can't QVC do better?
    Last edited by volvoheader; 08/22/2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Today QVC so far is saying we will get a full refund if my wife and I ship our two back. No price matching now. NO WAY. REALLY? NOW QVC? REALLY? We love our TP's (no, we have NOT named them yet) but will NOT risk shipping them back to uncooperative QVC and be stuck not being able to buy one at the much better pricing or at all elsewhere. Which now seems would happen. We did the financing payment plan at QVC, have made two payments now, and hoped that newly unreasonable QVC would price match and call it even by not requiring further payments. QVC, a really great company and customer friendly heretofore, now seems REAL slow to want to keep that rep. Can't QVC do better?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I basically got the same answer from them as well when I called this morning. I going to wait a few more days and see what happens...
    I spoke with a member of management today and got a reply to an email I sent to customer service last night. I was told by both that QVC and HP are working on a price reduction. All customers who bought that HP Touchpad will receive communication within a few weeks regarding a price reduction. I was also told that QVC will extend its 30 day return policy. They said I may keep and continue using my touchpad until I receive communication and if at that time I want to return it for a full refund I can.
    My email reply was similar to others posted. I called HP early afternoon today and asked if HP was asking every retailer to refund down to the new price and after many "pardon me" requests for her to repeat what she said because I couldn't understand her Indian accent, she finally basically said HP doesn't determine selling price for retailers. The I called QVC and the CSR hadn't even heard of anything regarding the TouchPad, so he asked a supervisor who still said to return it, no price matching. I've still gotta believe that if HP is reimbursing resellers for the difference that QVC would participate, so I decided to wait awhile since my next installment isn't until 9/12. Surely they won't ask us on the easy-pay plan to fork over all that? My worry has been that while waiting, I'd lose my chance to get a cheap one, but it seems according to the new article that there will be more available soon. So I'm encouraged by the previous post about them getting information from HP today!
  9.    #29  
    Like some of you guys, I'll wait a few days and see what happens. Hopefully they will communicate something to us shortly and lets keep one another posted
    Anybody hear anything yet from QVC about changing prices?
    I also am waiting to see if QVC will move on this before I return mine.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Same here...
    I would like to keep my Touchpad and accessories from QVC so I am hoping for another rebate like the $110 earlier this month. In the meantime if HP or someone else starts selling the $149 32Gb Touchpads again I will try and get one so I can return the QVC one.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Anyone heard anything new from QVC about refunding the price difference?
    I think any of us would have posted the info if we had.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    I ready to send mine back, so I thought I would call one more time. - Tonight Wednesday August 31st.

The person I spoke to said she thought she saw a bulletin on this. She put me on hold, than came back and said HP and QVC were working way to credit owners. (I forgot her exact words). I made sure she was not confusing the original $110.00 we got. She was very clear on the subject. She told me that we should hear something in the next couple of weeks. I then said, "If I'm not happy with the final solution, can I still return it?" She said yes.

She was making a not on my account to reflect this discussion.

That's all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljanderson1234 View Post
    I ready to send mine back, so I thought I would call one more time. - Tonight Wednesday August 31st.

The person I spoke to said she thought she saw a bulletin on this. She put me on hold, than came back and said HP and QVC were working way to credit owners. (I forgot her exact words). I made sure she was not confusing the original $110.00 we got. She was very clear on the subject. She told me that we should hear something in the next couple of weeks. I then said, "If I'm not happy with the final solution, can I still return it?" She said yes.

She was making a not on my account to reflect this discussion.

That's all I know.

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully they follow through. I'm worried I'm going to be stuck with this at the higher price. I love my touchpad but I want to pay less like everyone else.
    I'm hopeful after this news, thanks for calling them. We have the leverage of stopping payment on the last 3 installments tho they could threaten collections action. I have until the next installment 9/12. Surely they know they have to settle this question by then!
    becrazy2 likes this.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    +1 Daniel...thanks
    Anyone hearing anything new? My next installment is set to hit my bank account on Monday and I may have to put a stop payment in it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast