Hi all,

Here are several articles looking back at Palm, webOS & PalmOS:

Article number One:

August 19, 2011 - 12:42 P.M.
Farewell webOS from an early adopter

Farewell webOS from an early adopter - Computerworld Blogs

I ended up with a webOS phone partly for hardware reasons: If you wanted a smartphone with physical keyboard in 2009, there weren't a whole lot of options. BlackBerry involved paying extra for data-plan options I didn't need; and I didn't care for the keyboard on a comparably priced Android phone as much as the Palm Pre's.

Article number two:

A WebOS retrospective

By: Kent German AUGUST 18, 2011 6:31 PM PDT

A WebOS retrospective | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Farewell, to the Pre.
(Credit: Corinne Schulze/CNET)
If you know Bonnie Cha, you know that she's not happy about today's news that HP was discontinuing support of WebOS smartphones and tablets just over a year after acquiring Palm. Bonnie was a big fan of the mobile operating system from the moment she first saw the original Palm Pre at CES 2009. And her passion continued while reviewing every WebOS smartphone, from the Pre to the recent HP Veer (Donald Bell examined the TouchPad tablet).

Article number three:

A Look Back At Palm

Posted by Ed Hansberry ,August 19, 2011 05:36 PM

A Look Back At Palm - mobility Blog

While HP dropped the name Palm from its recent devices after acquiring the company in 2010, the name is still associated with the webOS platform and, for several years, the name Palm was synonymous with a PDA, or Personal Digital Assistant. In the early 2000's, it didn't matter what brand of device you may have owned, most people would say, "Oh, you have a Palm Pilot." It is like calling all tissue paper Kleenex.

Palm wasn't the first to launch the PDA, but they were the first to get it right. The Palm Pilot 1000 was launched in March of 1996 and came with a 16-MHz processor and 128-KB of RAM. It introduced a new way to enter data via its Graffiti input method and finally allowed people to move about and keep things like contacts, appointments, and other bits of info with them at all times. Back then, you had to be pretty high up in the organization to get a laptop, and even if you had one, they were slow and bulky. The Palm Pilot fit in your pocket and was lighting fast at getting info for you.