Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mk9027866
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Let me know if any of you agree with me here....

I hope that Google steps up and buys the patent portfolio of Palm and does the following:

Take Android and Implement:
    Cards
    Notifications
    Universal Search
    and Synergy.

If android had all of these things, I think I would love it just as much as WebOs. I also think it would be the best use of the IP and the fastest way to implement all of the awesome WebOs features into something usuable in the near future.
    clevin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Let me know if any of you agree with me here....

I hope that Google steps up and buys the patent portfolio of Palm and does the following:

Take Android and Implement:
    Cards
    Notifications
    Universal Search
    and Synergy.

If android had all of these things, I think I would love it just as much as WebOs. I also think it would be the best use of the IP and the fastest way to implement all of the awesome WebOs features into something usuable in the near future.
    Well Android got really good notifications. And they got universal search and even voice search is amazing. And they also got the synergy. Cards, you can get it from some app, I don't really know exactly what it called though.
    agreed.

Maybe marriage of webOS and android would be the best option for the heritage of webOS to survive. Matias is at google, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    agreed.

Maybe marriage of webOS and android would be the best option for the heritage of webOS to survive. Matias is at google, right?
    What's in it for Google?
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    What's in it for Google?
    Money I kid I kid. Just think of Samsung galaxy s , dual core, webos on android ... Woooo I gotta tinkle