Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP's stock price has been hovering around -25% most of the day. Investors are not happy. They've been downgraded, and Market Analysts think the company is insane.

Hewlett-Packard is everything thatís wrong with corporate America right now ó stupidity, a lack of innovation, bloated operations and no leadership.
    CEOs have been canned for less than this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Ouch!
    HP please fire Leo ASAP and apologize for the stupidity that was done and let's rewind to where we were last Friday.
    Sapient2k7, Rnp and laoh like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    HP please fire Leo ASAP and apologize for the stupidity that was done and let's rewind to where we were last Friday.
    Even if they rewind, the damage is already done. HP just showed themselves to be incompetent as a whole, it's not just the CEO now.
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    That would be a bittersweet revenge. But even if he gets axed (and I hope to gods he will) the damage is done, sadly. They cannot undo the damage they did to the public's perception of WebOs as defunct, DOA.
    Sapient2k7 and astraith like this.
    Yes. He has no vision and is leading HP down a disastrous course.
    Sapient2k7 and astraith like this.
    As long as he delivers the $$ to the shareholders i doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Well, he just lost them 25% of their holdings..
    IGNTNUNLMTD, Rnp and Sapient2k7 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Well, he just lost them 25% of their holdings..
    selling off their #1 pc/hardware division tho is likely to inject a fair chunk of cash + no outgoing cash on hardware development/purchases will again yield more $$, im sure that prospect will appeal to some $$ hungry people.

but yeah this whole thing just reminds me of the money grabbing fiaso that killed off Commodore due to Irving Gould and Mehdi Ali all over again.

Good product with a growing potential..... check
    Good operating system again with potential...... check
    Money grabbing CEO's etc........ check
    Bankrupt eventually............(wip)
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    If Leo gets fired, then I do wonder if this damage can be reversed. Think about it, the obvious reaction is so negative that the board may decide that ALL of these announced "plans" are a bad idea, and that WebOS devices may be worth more effort.
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You know, I didn't think there could be anyone worse for HP than Carley Fiorina... Oh HP, you just mock me.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    That would be a bittersweet revenge. But even if he gets axed (and I hope to gods he will) the damage is done, sadly. They cannot undo the damage they did to the public's perception of WebOs as defunct, DOA.
    Yeah, I'm not sure the damage could be undone, but I am curious whether the board will see this as just really poor judgement and get rid of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    If Leo gets fired, then I do wonder if this damage can be reversed. Think about it, the obvious reaction is so negative that the board may decide that ALL of these announced "plans" are a bad idea, and that WebOS devices may be worth more effort.
    unlikely but if it did happen it would be the most confusing thing to happen in the business world in quite some time.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The unfortunate truth is that most CEO's of pubicly traded companies don't care about their products or their customers. They are responsible to the shareholders and their board. They will do what they need to do to satisfy Wall Street in the long run (2-3 quarters). They could be selling PC's and software or baby dolls. They have the same motivations. It's the unfortunate truth of our capitalist society. He could sell off half the company and if profits rise, he'll get his bonus.

We may not be happy, but Leo doesn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure the damage could be undone, but I am curious whether the board will see this as just really poor judgement and get rid of the guy.
    Just remember... 20% drop on share price is quite a lot.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Large enough to be a drag on the Dow. Which means, he may be costing people who don't own any HP stock money, since some investors won't get past the numbers and see why HP is down so much.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    They are responsible to the shareholders and their board. They will do what they need to do to satisfy Wall Street in the long run (2-3 quarters).
    Well, wouldn't you say a 20 - 25 % drop is failing massively in that respect too?
    Too bad the "axe" for people in his echelon just means ginormous severance package, "He's decided to look for other opportunities" and a lofty position somewhere else...
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Well, wouldn't you say a 20 - 25 % drop is failing massively in that respect too?
    That is short term. What Leo is talking about is a major reorg. That can give 6 months to a year to see his plans through. If / when his long term plan is known, the stock will turn around. It took IBM a year or more to spin off the PC business to Lenovo. Today's stock performance is merely reaction to the annoumcement.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast