Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rmausser
  1.    #1  
    I had this idea while driving today.

It would be awesome to see Tom Bradley, Steven Dewitt and Ruby to lead the now spun off HP Computing Department (including WebOS) and get some large investment backing (something along the lines of "hey, anyone wanna help buy the worlds largest PC brand?" Should help, throw in WebOS for free)

And then make exclusively specialized mobile products with Windows 7 and WebOS. (either by itself or integrated)

Im thinking, Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, smartphones, feature phones, Touchscreen Laptops and netbooks, notification watches, etc.

And call the company Palm.
    BlueTuna and warp drive like this.
    Oh, if this could only happen - What sweet irony!
    Wait, wasn't that the plan (at least the webOS & hp computers part)? Last I heard, HP was planning to put webOS on all of its PCs starting 2012. Has anyone heard differently?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Wait, wasn't that the plan (at least the webOS & hp computers part)? Last I heard, HP was planning to put webOS on all of its PCs starting 2012. Has anyone heard differently?
    umm... yeah we've heard a bit differently...where have you been?

HP is abandoning WebOS AND PC's.

They wont have neither WebOS nor the computers to put it on in 2012.
    I wonder how hard it would be to take the webOS 3.x virtualbox emulator and make it run standard PC hardware.