Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mize
  1.    #1  
    So in anticipation of TP and my belief in HP that they'll storm the mobile market with webOS, I picked up some HP stocks right before the TP release.

-34% since. Ouch, it hurts.... My loss is way bigger than a few measly Touchpads the early adopters bought at full price

Anyone else in the same shoes? Did you dump yours already?

Thanks HP for making a believer out of me and pulling off what you did yesterday.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/2011/...995654.top.png

LMAO. HP you get what you deserve. Moronic CEO and Board.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Sim_1 likes this.
    Well, Forbes seems to have it right:

HP: Down 20%; Now Officially Hated By Almost Everyone - Forbes

sigh.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Count me in. I lost faith in HP. I liked HP even since my mom brought back an HP calculator to China back in the early 80's (so my fond of HP has little to do with Palm or PDA). And it is an Silicon Valley icon. But the look that Leo is trying to turn a hardware company into a software and service company, simple destroys the old HP. Changes are fine, it they make sense. This does not make sense, when HP is the top PC maker, with servers and printer.

It also shows another fact, making hardware becomes are harder and harder for American companies. HP may have to give up hardware business, but at least I hope they do it in a more well planned out and thoughtful way. All these sounds like last minute decisions based on Leo's taste.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Time to toss the CEO out....watch the stock bounce back.
    I do... blah! Ill hold em for a while...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I also bought before launch. A lot. Picked up a lot more today to leverage my holdings.
    Way to go Leo....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I liked HP even since my mom brought back an HP calculator to China back in the early 80's (so my fond of HP has little to do with Palm or PDA).
    Which reminds me, I do have one HP product in possession! The HP 48G reverse polish notation calculator! It was awesome and got me through college. Still use it sometimes...
    remember guys they are doing this for the stock holders (working out great btw)
    Brings a whole new meaning to the term "maximizing shareholer value", doesn't it?

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein