• 12 Post By milominderbinde
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By Mr._Happy
  • 3 Post By Achill3s
  • 2 Post By bluenote
  • 2 Post By etphoto
  • 4 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    Note: I post this in webOS News because what Jason has done for us goes way beyond Canuck Coding.
    Jason,

Through all that has happened the past 24 hours, we have not heard much from you. You just keep doing your tech support as you always do.

How are you doing? Any thoughts on what you will do next?

There are many of us who would excitedly check to see each day what your latest innovation was. You are sheer genius.

I will keep following you on Twitter: @JayCanuck. It will be amazing to see what your next adventure will be.

Keep us posted. Thank you.

- Your fans
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/19/2011 at 04:58 PM.
    I 2nd that! Thanks jason
    +1
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanks, J.! You are the man!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Mr._Happy likes this.
  6.    #6  
    I PM'ed him. I think he might be in class...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    You are shear genius.
    I agree with the sentiment.

You are sheer genius.

Whether you're shear genius or not is a matter to take up with your hair stylist.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Jason, you're the man for sure! One huge reason I still have my Pre minus is because of your work. Seriously.

Thanks for everything bro! Sheer brilliance in your coding and turnaround support!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Mr._Happy, Rnp and Stevesrjr86 like this.
    ++ thanks, good luck with school!
    Mr._Happy and Rnp like this.
    Thanks. Everyone appreciates you.

ET
    Rnp and Mr._Happy like this.
    Yes, thank you! +1
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I agree with the sentiment.

You are sheer genius.

Whether you're shear genius or not is a matter to take up with your hair stylist.
    *blush*
    Thanks J
    Hi all,

I wanna thank you all for the kind sentiments. It really is heartwarming.

Yesterday's news was a huge blow to everyone. Ironically, it happened the same day as the Winnipeg webOS meetup.

Long story short, the next few weeks will be a game of patience. A huge amount of changes and decisions will be made internally at webOS GBU. I think it's pretty clear that very few, if any employees at webOS GBU knew this was coming. I, for one, will give them the time they need to figure things out.

Long-term, Android platform has, and continues to be a backup plan for myself, though WP7 is another definite possibility. However, I have no Android/WP7 devices and am on a Rogers contract for my Pre 2. So don't worry, I'm not leaving webOS yet; I really do think if they can get a good hardware partner, webOS could be resuscitated.

In the meantime, I'm continuing my Internalz HD app. It's a huge step forward compared the Internalz app for phone. And frankly, my TouchPad still works. My Pre 2 still works. I have no reason to stop liking/using my current devices. I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/20/2011 at 06:41 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15.    #15  
    Thank you for the reassurance, Jason. I had wondered if Android was your plan B.