1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Amazon, Samsung, HTC… who’ll be webOS’ new suitor?

Amazon, Samsung, HTC… who’ll be webOS’ new suitor? - SlashGear

HP’s decision to amputate its webOS hardware line and attempt to tourniquet the cash gush has left the platform’s future in the air. The TouchPad and Pre lines may be dead in the water, but HP has made it clear that the company is “not walking away from webOS” but instead, according to developer relations VP for the platform Richard Kerris, intends to “explore the best hardware partner for it.” Who, though, might be in the market for a plucky platform yet to find a manufacturer who can match it with appealing hardware? With the mobile segment in its current flux, there are some big names out there who could well be interested.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    OHHH AMAZON WOULD BE HOT!
    They HAVE the balls and $$$$

Amazon was coming out with a tablet anyway right?!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I amazon invested heavily on android. I doubt they will touch webOS. I think Samsung is the highest possibility. However, I think Google, Apple and Microsoft, they will all jump on the deal. HP is lying again about the partnership. I do not trust them. And Patent price is the highest ever atm, HP will sell it to who ever pay the higher, doesn't matter if they are going to just throw the webOS in the trash bin using the patents or not. Like I always said, HP doesn't care for webOS.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    who’ll be webOS’ new suitor?
    Nobody - it's dead.

It's pretty clear that Amazon didn't build an android store for fun and that they have a tablet of their own in the wings.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    < baseless_rumor >

I tend to take most of these suitor companies with a grain of salt. But this just popped up, and I couldn't help but think (and post my own personal rumor) - maybe they're preparing themselves up for an OS purchase?

From androidcentral "sony-buy-out-ericsson-their-mobile-division-says-wsj"
    (Sorry, I'm a stalking reader who doesn't post so it won't allow me to link).

Not sure what it would mean for webOS, but if Sony could recapture its glory days, it could be interesting. Of course, the same was said of HP.

< /baseless_rumor >
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by haasbat View Post
    < baseless_rumor >

I tend to take most of these suitor companies with a grain of salt. But this just popped up, and I couldn't help but think (and post my own personal rumor) - maybe they're preparing themselves up for an OS purchase?

From androidcentral "sony-buy-out-ericsson-their-mobile-division-says-wsj"
    (Sorry, I'm a stalking reader who doesn't post so it won't allow me to link).

Not sure what it would mean for webOS, but if Sony could recapture its glory days, it could be interesting. Of course, the same was said of HP.

< /baseless_rumor >
    Hi all,

At least it's better than hearing about how Jennifer is still pining away for brad or some other trash that's on the tabloids! LOL.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Dell Announces New Corporate Strategy to Grow Business Again | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

Michael Dell has announced intentions to use some of his company’s $16 billion in cash to acquire companies in an effort to stave off the consequences of decreased demand for personal PCs.

Maybe WebOS can figure into this somehow with the other acquisitons mentioned (Citrix). It would also give a good base for their own tablet ventures, and Dell has been known to dabble in Linux OS for their PC's.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    that would be interesting, as it doesn't seem that dell is TOO invested in android to be able to make a switch, but they obviously want a piece of the smartphone pie. it would seem like they'd be among the top (although there are only a few) companies to be in the market for it.
    Unfortunately, Dell is going to make Windows 8 tablet as well. I think they will stick with Windows 8 just like HP will be sticking with Windows 8.