Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bluenote
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Dear HP,

Your unexpected execution of the webOS device line a mere 49 days after I purchased the TouchPad (hereafter referred to as the DeadPad for accuracy) on launch day has left me in a bit of a fix. In addition to the DeadPad, like many buyers I also invested in accessories and apps to add utility to your now dead product. Like all of the buyers of the DeadPad, it seemed reasonable to expect a big company like HP to allow the new product line to continue in the market (and in development) longer than a few weeks.
    HP: Please refund my TouchPad investment | ZDNet
    Just cough it up HP. But seriously, how much would it have hurt your bottom line to stay the course until the PSG was spun off?
    They should have at least give a credit for hardware and HP accessories.

Refunding the app money does not make sense as the software devs already sunk so much time into creating their products that the number of sales hardly lets them write off the cost. What HP could do here is give the devs the 1/3 of sales that HP took for itself.

Too bad. I really liked the TouchPad, was able to mostly use it this past week as a laptop replacement with ubuntu although libreoffice writer stripped the formatting of the Word Doc.
    Thought Glimpse was so cool and useful.