Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ericblackdv
  • 1 Post By ijip
  1.    #1  
    So much for "this is a marathon not a sprint."
    Yeah, I agree. HP pretty much showed they're totally gutless. They got a mile into the marathon, saw they were further back in the pack then they wanted to be, and just gave up.

-Skippy
    well, i have to agree, although apparently many at hp were just as shocked as we are with this news. we don't know the story yet. or what happened.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i said it and got flamed lol. i knew that webos was dead once hp took over. they are not and never was in this for the long run. got rid of my TP soon after launch thank god!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. HP pretty much showed they're totally gutless. They got a mile into the marathon, saw they were further back in the pack then they wanted to be, and just gave up.

-Skippy
    A mile? I think Leo only went a block.
    I think the HP executives were just heard saying "A marathon is how long???....... Naahhhhh, not for me."
    clevin likes this.
  7. AZ8
    That was always a silly metaphor.

I don't think Leo ever wanted to sell phones. I think thats clear now.

I bet there are major schisms occuring throughout HP as we speak!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    That was always a silly metaphor.

I don't think Leo ever wanted to sell phones. I think thats clear now.

I bet there are major schisms occuring throughout HP as we speak!!
    na HP have enough going with their laptops/ printers etc etc............. next hp tablet will be win 7 like the acer w500. this was always an experiment to test the waters. i knew from day i bought my TP it wasnt good enough so got rid!
    Hell, it wasn't even a sprint! That nag broke down right out of the starting gate.
    What gets me is that the webos execs came out and said "if sales are lackluster at first, we understand, and will battle through it" or whatever the exact quote was.
    Palm was always cooler than HP. This sucks. Royally.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    HP never trained for a marathon.... They had a heart attack about 300 yards in....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    clevin likes this.
    i am loving the humors.

I am hating the fact tho.

This is the difference between Hp and real successful, innovative companies. MS stick to xbox and lost money for several years before it took off. Apple sticked to mobileme for quite a while, even though mobileme is a completely wacko job to begin with.

HO, with the excellent asset at hand, couldn't managing two months. What a joke.