Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Are our devices dependant on the HP profile/synergy servers being up and running?

If they turn them off, will our devices be effectively dead?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Sorry to bump this. But I really don't want it to get lost and I'd like to know.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    If they stop service before warranties ran out, I suspect they'd owe some money to buyers.
    I think that nothing is going to happen overnight. But at this point, no one really knows what the long term outlook is for continuing support of the profile..
    Leo seemed to indicate that profiles will be disabled in Q4, although he could have meant something else.
    All phones stop working at some point. Synergy is not something that is done on our servers it's done on the phone itself. backing up your device to google is maintained on Google's servers.

Your device will continue to work (bearing that nothing else happens to it) as long as you are connected to a data source to power it along.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    All phones stop working at some point. Synergy is not something that is done on our servers it's done on the phone itself. backing up your device to google is maintained on Google's servers.

Your device will continue to work (bearing that nothing else happens to it) as long as you are connected to a data source to power it along.
    What happens if you have to reactivate a device?

I hope all is well, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    What happens if you have to reactivate a device?

I hope all is well, btw.
    At that point you would have to run the activation bypass, which varies, depending on OS version.