Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    With the shocking news about the product discontinuation, im deeply disappointed and bewildered.

Going to go home to a product that may never see a new app in the catalog again. The magazine may never see a third issue. Features never fully realized...

I'm so depressed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    mdram, nyrath, laoh and 1 others like this.
    HP pulled a 'Sega Saturn/Dreamcast' on us....SMH
    timjhenry likes this.
    I feel your pain.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    threed61#WN likes this.
    me too....me too. :'(
    it is very sad. webOS is the star pitcher that has been tossed from crappy team to crappy team with lame managers. Honestly I never really had faith in HP operations, I only hoped they would burn cash shoving their webOS products down everyones throats, despite their device execution. Now we see that they bought Palm because eh, 1.3 (or whatever) billion dollars aint a big deal, why not? Aw man this isn't going well, goodbye webOS.

Lame, lame, lame.
    HP pulled a Micron buyout of Rendition.
    I can tell if I'm suffering from heartburn or I'm actually a little choked up about this.
    I wish I could get my $600 back.

Edit: Actually, you know what. I'm going to put a positive spin on this. I've been spending 100% of my free time for the last three months working on apps for the touchpad. Two of them are 90% complete, one is a proof of concept. Today they all died. It's not up to me to support this platform anymore. It's been put down, and their isn't anything I can do to stop it.

Maybe today I'll work on my lawn after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post

Im with you there.
    Ditto... plus the price of all the accessories.
    im pretty bummed out too...we know what could have been and it just didnt happen for us...
    Wait what?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Ditto... plus the price of all the accessories.
    Im actually going to get the Touchstone charger now that they are dirt cheap.

I suspect that homebrew will live on for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Im actually going to get the Touchstone charger now that they are dirt cheap.

I suspect that homebrew will live on for some time.
    how long though?

long enough to justify a 500 dollar purchase? -that's the question

HP just dumped us.
    btw if the touchstones drop under $25 I might get one or 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post
    how long though?

long enough to justify a 500 dollar purchase? -that's the question

HP just dumped us.

Well, I got it DAY ONE!...not like I can return or sell it. So Im gonna get my moneys worth out of it until it dies.
    hrminer92 likes this.

Edit: Actually, you know what. I'm going to put a positive spin on this. I've been spending 100% of my free time for the last three months working on apps for the touchpad. Two of them are 90% complete, one is a proof of concept. Today they all died. It's not up to me to support this platform anymore. It's been put down, and their isn't anything I can do to stop it.

Maybe today I'll work on my lawn after work.
    You could always open source them so webosinternals or someone else could put your work to good use. At least that way all your work wouldn't be a waste.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Wow. Way to fail, HP. Buy Palm, wait entirely too long to produce and release consumer devices, then release something half-baked and give up because no on buys it. You set WebOS up for failure from the time you acquired Palm. Why buy it if you were just going to bury it?

And what about those of us who bought Touchpads? No one is going to make apps for the platform now and the devices likely won't receive any future updates. You just made a one-month old $500 tablet completely obsolete. Thanks for that. I will not be buying any more HP products.
    JonVon and tneedler like this.
    I just heard the news on the radio too....so shocked but not surprised. This answers a lot of my questions about hp. However does this really mean the end of the TP, pre3 and webOS? Is it possible that another company will pick it up and take off with it? Maybe I'm just new too webOS and am still in the honeymoon phase! I do really want a pre3 too!
    We feel you're pain.

As for myself, was just settling in with my new TP on Week 2.
    Had it all patched up and responding nicely. Bookmarks to Amazon, Hulu.. and was proud of myself for getting PlayOn set up.

It's all over now, baby blue...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast