Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I was at day 31 and Future Shop took it back along with all the accessories. I never felt so bad about returning a product in my life. I hate you HP. Never will I ever buy another HP product again. Think I might even replace my 3 year old HP printer just to avoid having to buy a cartridge from HP. Actually, I'll just start re-filling the damn things until the printer dies. No more $ for HP from me.

After returning the TP, I checked out the iPad2 and the Tab. I then left and immediately started missing my TP! I hate you HP!
    i am utterly depressed with what has happened today. a few weeks ago i was bragging to my friends and family about how great touchpad was and that webos will have a great future under HP. All those words are coming back to haunt me today. webOS may live on, but the future certainly looks bleak now than ever it has been in the last 2 yrs. Palm Pre to Touchpad...been a loyal fan of webOS and still hoping somewhere inside of me that someone comes to the rescue and keeps the webos torch burning. The odds are against us now. Leo is a pathetic CEO.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    HP pulled a Micron buyout of Rendition.
    This was EXACTLY the analogy I was going to make, but couldn't remember who bought Rendition.

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, Rendition was an up-and-coming graphics chip maker in the '90s. They had the best boards for the price, cutting-edge technology and a very devoted fan-base. They ran into some cash-flow issues, and got sold to chip-maker Micron, which promptly raped their IP and deep-sixed the Rendition technology.

This was the only other tech I ever was a PFhan-Boie for. It broke my heart. BeOS was a close second, but dang if this isn't a familiar feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    HP pulled a 'Sega Saturn/Dreamcast' on us....SMH
    At least we got a few hundred games out of Dreamcast... what exactly did we get from HP?

And I'm still trying to finish Skies of Arcadia I started 10 years ago.
    timjhenry likes this.
    youtube.com/watch?v=BCgB5fITxA4&t=2m34s
    techcrunch.com/2011/08/18/okay-hp-lets-make-some-lemonade

Okay HP, Letís Make Some Lemonade

Good article about possible future of webOS...should I hold my breath?
  7.    #47  
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #48  
    Fixed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    This was EXACTLY the analogy I was going to make, but couldn't remember who bought Rendition.

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, Rendition was an up-and-coming graphics chip maker in the '90s. They had the best boards for the price, cutting-edge technology and a very devoted fan-base. They ran into some cash-flow issues, and got sold to chip-maker Micron, which promptly raped their IP and deep-sixed the Rendition technology.

This was the only other tech I ever was a PFhan-Boie for. It broke my heart. BeOS was a close second, but dang if this isn't a familiar feeling.
    Rendition was WebOS of graphic chips. Man, they went trough same hell with Micron as WebOS with HP.

"This was the only other tech I ever was a PFhan-Boie for."

Same here! Remember when we managed to start Unreal?
    The whole execution was so flawed in so many fronts, how can we not pressure HP more before launch?

And then again, the whole execution shows HP may not have the heart to begin with.

Lets hope somebody else picks up the webOS and keep it going further.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The whole execution was so flawed in so many fronts, how can we not pressure HP more before launch?

And then again, the whole execution shows HP may not have the heart to begin with.

Lets hope somebody else picks up the webOS and keep it going further.
    Yeah, I can understand (in a way) transition plans, but this execution man...
    They've killed WebOS and PSG prospects in cold blood, not giving it any chance to find new partners.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123