Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    The worst part is, those of us who loved palmos have been through this before!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I literally cried when I saw the news that HP is discontinuing webOS and the Touchpad. I think that buying this tablet was definitely the best $500 that I've ever spent. I sincerely hope that the homebrew community lives on, because I wouldn't return my TP even if they gave me a full refund.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by betaorionis View Post
    I literally cried when I saw the news that HP is discontinuing webOS and the Touchpad. I think that buying this tablet was definitely the best $500 that I've ever spent. I sincerely hope that the homebrew community lives on, because I wouldn't return my TP even if they gave me a full refund.
    You cried? I think you need help if you cried over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
    What a helpful comment to make.
    StaceyS likes this.
    I'm so mad!! I dislike Android, Blackberry and IOS... What to do?????? Havent tried WP7 but by the looks of it it may be the next to die.
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    I only had it for 2 weeks, and I'll really miss it. I just went to BB to play around with the alternatives, but nothing has the warmth and soul of the TP. But I'm not rich enough to carry around a $400 web browser and picture frame. I love the OS and was willing to put up with the lack of apps, with the one expectation that it would get a doc editor. but that's probably not happening, so I had to return it.
    grappler likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I'm so mad!! I dislike Android, Blackberry and IOS... What to do?????? Havent tried WP7 but by the looks of it it may be the next to die.
    I'm not a WP user, but there is no way Microsoft will pull out of the mobileOS space. no way. they may as well commit suicide.
    The title of this thread describes how I feel right now. I'm numb. Despite all the mixed press, I felt optimistic that if HP stayed the course webOS would be successful in the marketplace. Palm didn't have the resources and now we see HP didn't have the vision or the fortitude . . .
    Just got home after a long day and had to fight rain and the idiots who can't drive in it...only to find out that HP couldn't find a clear return on their investment. As everyone else has said,I'm extremely disappointed. But its just technology and now I'm liberated from the past 7 yrs of loyalty to Palm. With my launch day pre out of contract, I'm not sure where I'll end up but it was a ride I won't soon forget.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I am speechless, I do not know what to say.

The years from my Treo 750 until now.

Regards
    graylion
    mhoepfin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Im with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Ditto... plus the price of all the accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    We feel you're pain.

As for myself, was just settling in with my new TP on Week 2.
    Had it all patched up and responding nicely. Bookmarks to Amazon, Hulu.. and was proud of myself for getting PlayOn set up.

It's all over now, baby blue...
    I bought two early in july so im almost for 2 touchpads, two cases, and two touchstones. :
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    touchpad goes back to Staples in the morning.

If I want another, I can wait a few months and pick one up for very little on Ebay....

So much potential with Webos, such poor execution by HP...
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
    You posted this reply? I think you need help if you have nothing better to post.
    Can someone help me understand what this means and why I should return my new TP? I like it so much I'm not interested in returning it.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyflyer View Post
    Can someone help me understand what this means and why I should return my new TP? I like it so much I'm not interested in returning it.
    1) Software updates are unlikely
    2) App development will be even more sparse than before
    3) Less market saturation and adoption means it will slowly die

The TP is a good device on it's own. But without the ecosystem to support it, it will die on the vine.
    I feel like HP has stabbed us all in the back... what I feel even worse about, is that all of us in the homebrew community who have written patches or just had fun patching our devices are now toast. All our work to help support the ecosystem has been thrown out by HP in the quest for easier profits.
    HP should apologize and buy these back. I smell class action. I understand "buyer beware" when I shop on eBAY or Craigslist. Heck. My wife and I bought two with the QVC plan (only way we could at the time) and I finally replaced my old office printer with a new HP 8500 because now our Pre's, our printer, and our TouchPad would all sync up and we would enjoy all that nice HP support. To think I was singing HP praises two weeks ago. SOOOO, now we feel stunned, stuck, stupid, and slammed. Add dumb, dumber, and duped. Now we're too broke to buy the new, yes I'll say it, iPPP... iPPPA...! @#%& Sorry, I just can't say it. Now what to do? Any idea? Sad.
    grappler likes this.
    As much as I wanted to keep the Touchpad...after todays announcement I contacted hp customer service(since I bought it from their online shop) and instead of getting an exchanged one like I originally wanted too(a new one I just got yesterday had dead pixels) I asked for a return credit instead.

I cannot pay that high of a premium after what HP announced today...

I am sorry for all of you guys who bought their touchpad's when it launched...I would have bought one too if I had the money at that time.

BTW if HP does license out webOS and I start seeing them pop up next year...I will definitely be back on board.
    Last edited by shoichikun808; 08/18/2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I just did the same thing. I called HP customer service a few moments ago, I had two days left in my return window, so it's heading back tomorrow for a full refund.

What a freakin' shame, too. It had the best potential of them all. RIP, WebOS!
    I know one thing is for sure. I'll keep my touchpad because I don't have a choice, but since HP treats it's customers like this, I will never EVER buy another product from them so long as I live. There HP you just lost a customer for life. They can drop us, then I will drop them! So long HP, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    slusmiles and clevin like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast