Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree33Likes
    that is sad dude.
    I mean look at their stock the last 6 months. Its been on a downward motion. Basically since feb after their event. Does hp have to protect their stock? Yes. And with the whole world in jeopardy once again they need to protect their liquidated assets. And its true there simply is limited margin available in hardware now.

I dunno it just seems odd still. There are way too many factors that we simply don't know.

what's odd is how bad their stock is hurting right now after yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Then they would still be building hardware, the margins they are looking for aren't in hardware. It sucks, but this is where Leo and the board want to take the company.

Basically what it boils down to is Leo and the board believe they can liquidate a lot of hardware assets and increase per stock gain by getting into or staying in areas that give them more return on their dollar. Buying HTC would be the complete opposite of this.

I have so much HP product in my house (prior to them purchasing Palm), it is really sad they are going this route.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    that is sad dude.
    I mean look at their stock the last 6 months. Its been on a downward motion. Basically since feb after their event. Does hp have to protect their stock? Yes. And with the whole world in jeopardy once again they need to protect their liquidated assets. And its true there simply is limited margin available in hardware now.

I dunno it just seems odd still. There are way too many factors that we simply don't know.

what's odd is how bad their stock is hurting right now after yesterday
    True True, it was tough to listen to, but I am happy I did. Being able to actually hear it, let me know the overall picture of HP is off kilter and it isn't just webOS "failing".

My HTPC is HP, my office computer is Compaq(HP), office LCD HP, I've got an HP dual boot laptop, two old compaq laptops that need to be wiped and donated, and 2 HP towers (one of the micro towers where the vid card goes out and full size tower, HD crashed and don't have a good windows disc for it) that will be getting frankened together to boot linux and be a media receiver for our bedroom.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This is same route Acer took. Looks like whole bunch envy Apple on their high margins and large profits. I wonder how many people will be fired. Tens of thousands probably.

And this hardware partner seeking is strange formulation, because you license your software to others, pay ODM to produce it, or you manufacture your hardware by yourself.
    I dont understand in which category would fit this new hardware partner?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345