Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By emair
  • 1 Post By C-Note
  1.    #1  
    Thank you coders, hackers, etc. for tweaking, fixing, and building stuff for webOS that Palm and HP should have been doing for the past 2 years. You enabled me to have a viable phone option on Sprint for a full two years ever since release day! We will all understand if you stop your continued work at this point.

Thank you precentral.net (and treocentral.net before that!) for hosting a site for the Palm faithful.

Thank you to the developers who made some apps for us. I'm sure you regret the time spent, but we appreciate it.

Nokia - Dead
    WebOS - Dead
    Windows Mobile - Dead
    BB - On life support, for now....
    iOS - <shudder>
    Android - here I come!!!!!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    howi, FenrirWolf and LCGuy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Thank you coders, hackers, etc. for tweaking, fixing, and building stuff for webOS that Palm and HP should have been doing for the past 2 years. You enabled me to have a viable phone option on Sprint for a full two years ever since release day! We will all understand if you stop your continued work at this point.

Thank you precentral.net (and treocentral.net before that!) for hosting a site for the Palm faithful.

Thank you to the developers who made some apps for us. I'm sure you regret the time spent, but we appreciate it.

Nokia - Dead
    WebOS - Dead
    Windows Mobile - Dead
    BB - On life support, for now....
    iOS - <shudder>
    Android - here I come!!!!!
    Plus 1000 on most of this.

I may go to Android, but I'll be holding my nose the whole time.

And I use one now, so before the trolls tell me how much I'll like it... I already know... I don't.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    TravisAntonio likes this.
    It's true. The grassroots support webOS enjoyed was unparalleled and, in hindsight, was more than HP deserved.
    Greatest tech community--and mobile OS--ever.

Posted from my awesome XX Veer.
    Agreed. I haven't posted much, but I have been lurking since VisorCentral.
    The coders and hackers have made the platform a blast to use since my first Palm Pilot in 1997.

Considering PalmOS and WebOS have transferred from USR to 3com to Handspring to PalmOne to Palm to HP, I can't say I'm shocked it's finally fading away. I'm using a Droid now (and have submitted my RMA request for my Touchpad), but there are days I miss my Pre. I call those weekdays. :-P

But I upgraded it to WebOS 2, which was fun. And my paid versions of Angry Birds are still on the Pre. I even sometimes pull out the Treo because of the awesome Blackjack Mentor for PalmOS.

Thanks for everything guys! And maybe someday I'll install Preware on my dishwasher ;-)