1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP Close to Buying Autonomy for $10 Billion: Report

By REUTERS

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co plans as soon as Thursday to announce a $10 billion acquisition of British software company Autonomy and a spinoff of its personal computer business, the world's largest, Bloomberg reported.

HP could make the announcement on the same day it is due to release quarterly earnings, Bloomberg said, citing sources familiar with the company's plans.

HP has denied past speculation that it was in discussions to sell or spin off its PC arm, one of its largest divisions but also among the least profitable.

Cambridge-based Autonomy counts Procter & Gamble Co among a long list of major corporate customers that use its software to search and organize unstructured data like emails

Shares of the HP were down 2.9 percent at $30.48 at midday.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    JED-WEB-OS likes this.
    I hope HP shares go into the toilet and the company goes under. They are crooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I hope HP shares go into the toilet and the company goes under. They are crooks.
    Hewlett-Packard said today that it have acquired about 87.3% of the outstanding shares of Autonomy Corp. and HP's stock reached a 52 week low of $19.92 a share. One has to wonder why a company would shell out $10.3 billion for a company that generated only $870 million in revenues last year. I would say that HP's stock is officially in the toilet.

Edit: Actually $20.00 a share is a 6 year low.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    Hewlett-Packard said today that it have acquired about 87.3% of the outstanding shares of Autonomy Corp. and HP's stock reached a 52 week low of $19.92 a share. One has to wonder why a company would shell out $10.3 billion for a company that generated only $870 million in revenues last year. I would say that HP's stock is officially in the toilet.

Edit: Actually $20.00 a share is a 6 year low.
    Hi all,

Is there a term for below the toilet.....I would think cesspool would be an accurate description...however the contract more than likely would have made it almost impossible to back out of now...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    JED-WEB-OS likes this.
    it's only about 3x what the company is worth. And 5x what it will be worth after HP screws it up.