Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I know the Veer got pushed out, but that's really a joke, even compared to a pixi and the Pre3 is always "coming soon" to us in the states. To me it is really starting to seem like HP bought Palm for webOS to expand their computer arm with a full tablet line. Phones seem like a thing that they'll put out 1 a year or so just to try and stay in the game, but they could care less about making an impact. Everything is geared toward touchpad and touchpadgo and touchpad 4G, even the already out veer gets no more ads, at least not in my market. What do you guys think?
    Veer was a Palm phone, long in development before the HP buyout. HP always had built phones, their phones are even less popular than Palm's.

Remember the Glisten, and the iPaq messengers?

And care to explain why the Veer "is a joke compared to the Pixi?"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Pixi had a better keyboard and didn't look like a zoolander phone.

I like it just can see where he's coming from.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Guys the more I read the more I am convinced that the Sprint Pre is the last WEBOS phone, I will ever have. I do not see a WEBOS phone in the near future coming to Sprint. I change my Centro to a Pre right after HP bought PALM…I thought them WEBOS had a chance. I believe now that was a mistake. I should have gone with DROID even thought I must admit the WEBOS experience is awesome but not future in SPRINT. Hope I am wrong thought I have until March for my upgrade. Of course if DROID is the way to go then it will make no sense to me to have a WEBOS tablet.
    Last edited by tungsten C; 08/18/2011 at 06:38 AM.
    I assume you're referring to Android. Droid is a line of Android phones on Verizon. I have an EVO and love it. Also, just got a TouchPad and I have to say I feel like I've graduated to a grown-up tablet after my iPad.

The kids now have the iPad and I have the TouchPad. People outside webOS dismiss real multi-tasking but they have to be brain-washed because I don't need a ton of apps to do things that can be done with a real browser that allows live instances to live in the background.
    Likely, hp may just take over webOS for tablet and leave webOS phone to palm unit.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Pixi had a better keyboard and didn't look like a zoolander phone.

I like it just can see where he's coming from.
    if you tried the veer for a day, you would not say the. The veer keyboard is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    I assume you're referring to Android. Droid is a line of Android phones on Verizon.

You are right
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The veer has great speed and performance when compared to the legacy devices, but the form factor is no good imo. I went from a treo 800W to a pixi and after playing around with the veer I just don't like it. The pre line up was great but on such a small scale I don't see much of a market or personal interest. I mean even the pixi has a headphone jack and usb out. Also with only one carrier, hp/palm has really limited themselves. All the major mfg's have a device line across the spectrum of carriers, even pay as you go (minus iphone). It's not a device that people are going to switch providers for or one that will leave a lasting impact like the original legacy phones did.

I think that if they are going to be in the smart phone game they need to start putting out new form factors and have availability to at least the 3 main US providers and do it in a timely fashion. Not announce a phone and then release it 6 months+ later. Or just call it quits and put everything into tablets like it seems they are already doing. The pre3 will be a good deive and I would buy it if it were to come to sprint, but by the time it's out it will be a mid-level phone at best, HTC and Samsung already have better performing hardware available with more coming out all the time.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I love my Veer, but, then again, I am totally averse to dorkish phone holsters and giant phones. Holsters are for handguns, not phones

Ideally I'd have the Veer and an unlocked Pre3 (right now my unlocked travel phone is still the Nokia E72) so I could choose between stealth (Veer) and function (Pre3).
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0