• 1 Post By FenrirWolf
  • 1 Post By midmofan
  • 1 Post By threed61#WN
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Will the Pre 3 face similar disinterest from US carriers?
    Taylor Martin - Today at 1:55 PM

Will the Pre 3 face similar disinterest from US carriers? | PhoneDog

Back in April of last year, HP won the bid for Palm, hoping to breathe life into the web-based platform. Palm originally introduced webOS in the middle of 2009; it initially caught the eye of techies and journalists around the web, but was quickly outnumbered and backseated by the dozens of Android-powered smartphones. With intentions of resurrecting the still youthful operating system, HP has since detailed plans of including webOS on PCs, printers, tablets, phones and pretty much anywhere else that they can find a use for the mobile platform.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Maybe. Between the next iPhone, the Bionic, the Galaxy S II line, the Ruby, and another dozen phones I'm forgetting the names of, carriers are going to have pretty full slates this fall.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    we will fine out in the coming days or weeks haha!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I think HP treat the US market with more importance. I have no idea, but it seems to me that if they really really cared about getting a carrier in the UK to supply it, they would've found a way (offering mad incentives, buttering up execs, etc.)

I can't believe they'll let that happen in the US.
    USA is money. $$$$$ HP knows this so Europe and the rest of the world are just testing phase right now before they start selling pre3 in the USA. What if the USA gets the 1.2ghz dual core and 4G? Almost a lot of phones coming out now are 4G. I don't know but USA seems to be what HP is aiming for in a few weeks? I still keep hearing that Sprint might get the pre 3 so lets just wait and see.
    If things haven't changed from last year, EMEA is actually where money is. US is where you sell for lowest price, and than spit blood from returns and complaints.
    Last edited by chalx; 08/18/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I think HP treat the US market with more importance. I have no idea, but it seems to me that if they really really cared about getting a carrier in the UK to supply it, they would've found a way (offering mad incentives, buttering up execs, etc.)

I can't believe they'll let that happen in the US.
    i also think that it's more important to be tied to the carrier here in the US. buying 3rd party off-contract isn't the norm, whereas it might be in other parts of the world. here, they need the carrier to subsidize the devices.
    It would be nice if there were more GSM carriers so buying unlocked would be a better alternative. This whole contract business along with tight carrier control over what phones I can use is getting on my nerves.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    i never understood why webos devices seem to get launched in france first or other countries before the US. at least it just seems like it.

when they launched older pres, didnt they launch in france before the US?
    they are an american company right (Palm and HP)?

you think if the phone is ready then you'd launch in the US first.
    You dont see Apple launching any of their products in the UK or Europe first.
    eh... just a thought... but that had always irked me.
    Its the arrogance of Ruby, that killed webOS, licensing would have been such a good move. 6months later where are we no Pre3 successor to Pre phones in USA...EU is already closing its doors. Sad times...
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i never understood why webos devices seem to get launched in france first...
    Perhaps because this is the same country that thinks Jerry Lewis is a subtle comedic genius...
    threed61#WN likes this.
    HP makes quality me-too devices. If its not original, then it better be popular. Consumers on all continents lost interest in the tired Pre design and are wary of the awful Pre reputation. In another article Jay found, a writer said it best. Webos was the best 1.0 mobile launch ever, but not much has been done since. (paraphrased). I think time has passed by our favorite OS.
    chalx likes this.
    You dont see Apple launching any of their products in the UK or Europe first.
    His strong is ridiculous comparing with in USA, and his contract with AT&T control where go first.

i never understood why webos devices seem to get launched in france first...
    Good market with carriers more opened to negociated.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)