Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dec
  • 1 Post By Bru3184
  1.    #1  
    When HP dropped WebOS 2.x support for the Pre and Pre+ that said that they we going to "make it right" for existing customers.

Now that the Pre3 is out where is the deal for existing Pre customers?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    When HP dropped WebOS 2.x support for the Pre and Pre+ that said that they we going to "make it right" for existing customers.

Now that the Pre3 is out where is the deal for existing Pre customers?
    The deal is still up in the air, and is probably related to the lack of carrier announcements(or even ANY announcement) for the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    The deal is still up in the air, and is probably related to the lack of carrier announcements(or even ANY announcement) for the Pre 3.
    I thought the "make it right" offer was $50 off the touchpad if purchased by a certain date (which has now came and went) .
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I thought the "make it right" offer was $50 off the touchpad if purchased by a certain date (which has now came and went) .
    That's what HP claimed. It's not to say they won't offer something else in the future. But it's possible they feel they've done enough already.
    the attempt to make it right was trying to get carriers to release a 2.x doctor in lieu of an OTA migration. It isn't clear if any are still planning to make it available beyond the few that already did. IMHO.

<thread moved>
    to me the make it right is the price of the tre, which is what phone im buying next regardless of how awesome SGSII and iPhone 5 are:

UK - 290 pound shipped from play.com (~ 480 us dollars )
    Germany - - 314 euro shipped from cyberport.de ( ~ 445 us dollars )

that is cheap as fvck here in europe for any smartphone, and is carrier unlocked for my choosing pleasure. Being an even cheaper fvcker myself i will probably import it from US as i expect $400 unlocked deals within a month from now.
    Last edited by MihMih; 08/17/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    You're still on the idea that they're going to give us a replacement phone?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    damn I'm wait for the 1 penny carrier deal or fifty dollar off contract like they did with veer...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm pretty sure that the "make things right" offer is a big rebate on any Pre3 purchased from an authorized U.S. carrier on or before August 31, 2011.

Either that, or else it was keeping a failing company from dying, allowing webOS Internals to openly tell everyone how to install unauthorized kernels and overclock their devices (and providing financial support to WOSI along the way), offering a discount on the TP to original Pre owners, etc. Personally, I'll go with door #2.
    - Bubba
  10. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Do you live under a rock? $100 rebate for Pre owners and $50 credit for APPS for early adopters is pretty strong !!! And for SOME of us lucky TouchPad owners . . we bought a 16GB and got upgraded to a 32GB gratis . . . I for one certainly think HP has made it right in my eyes.

What else do you want?
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    i don't think they owe anybody anything.

That being said. If what's wrong is a lackluster phone. Telling me you're making it right by giving me the privilege of paying you $350 for something that is not a phone is no making what's wrong right. It is a good way to get punched in the mouth.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I agree with snotboogie, a discount to phone owners on a device other than a phone is pretty weak. Yes the tp might be awesome and yes the app credit helps but it still doesn't replace a phone. If they are going to "make it right" they should offer a discount on a new webOS phone. But they can't do that because that means they would have to actually release one on the 3 main carriers.
    the.teejster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i don't think they owe anybody anything.

That being said. If what's wrong is a lackluster phone. Telling me you're making it right by giving me the privilege of paying you $350 for something that is not a phone is no making what's wrong right. It is a good way to get punched in the mouth.
    In my eyes that stupid TouchPad discount made things worse...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here