Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    ...wow.
    it was a joke. Disable your sarcasm filter, please
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the guy at all things D sold a bunch of HP stock short and he is just trying to cover his positions.
    Which is cause, which is effect? Numbers don't lie. Lol
    In the comments someone mentioned there was already a thread about it. Where is it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-webo...ot-pretty.html

discussed in above thread, thanks
    <thread merged>
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    has anybody else seen or read the latest news saying that best buy has only sole about 10% of their inventory and has over 200,000 units that they are threatening to send back to HP.

this news scares me, I love my touchpad and want to see it succeed its such an amazing device people just need to be shown just how great it is.
    lol... for a second you were sounding like sharonw that use to post in the beginning pre days... suspecting every neg post was an attempt to bring palm stock down... while she obviously had a vested stake in palm and was pumping it.

boy was she furious when cramer and other analysts had referenced my exchange poll that I posted here.

edit... full disclosure... i have no (and never have) any position in hpq, palm or sprint stock :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it was a joke. Disable your sarcasm filter, please
    milominderbinde likes this.
    There is a thread in hp news board. 9 pages discussion already.
    So I guess the question is if we're looking at a situation where the big Think Beyond webOS relaunch resulted in a Veer that was being sold for a penny, a TouchPad that was discounted after a month (and reportedly isn't selling at one retail chain), and a Pre 3 that is being sold unlocked in Europe, will HP even want to keep rolling with it?
    Does anyone else think that Best Buy buying 270,000 TouchPads up front seems a bit odd? Given the lack of success from any Android Tablet, why take such a big risk on a newcomer? HP can always ship you more in the future.

I still think this is someone at Best Buy realizing they shouldn't have bought so many giving HP's history of frequent spec bumps. This isn't annual-release Apple here.
    JayhawkOne likes this.
    if you read a few pages back, several have suggested that, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Does anyone else think that Best Buy buying 270,000 TouchPads up front seems a bit odd? Given the lack of success from any Android Tablet, why take such a big risk on a newcomer? HP can always ship you more in the future.

I still think this is someone at Best Buy realizing they shouldn't have bought so many giving HP's history of frequent spec bumps. This isn't annual-release Apple here.
    Maybe, but then we know nothing about bb's practice in stockig various tabs, do you?

The main problem is touchpad sales, i really do not care that much about how bb manage their own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post

think I said it on the first page or 2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This story really reeks of BS. Or loads of stupidity on either HP or BB's part
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Maybe, but then we know nothing about bb's practice in stockig various tabs, do you?

The main problem is touchpad sales, i really do not care that much about how bb manage their own business.
    We also don't know what HP's roadmap looks like for their tablet line. Especially with all the talk of wanting to be "Apple cool" and "number 1 plus." When you're dealing with tablets, rather than notebooks, there are far less reasons to keep releasing minor iterative updates.
    Most best buy places are SO BIASED against webOS its unbelievable. I too also got told to buy a android piece of crap and then an ipad 2. I then asked the guy why I wanted an android device when its more buggy then webOS has ever been. Why would I want an android or ipad device when they BOTH can't multitask? He kinda just looked at me and went "huh?" and then I told him to ring my touchpad up please.

The TRUTH is that most best buy employees are in love with android or apple, and couldn't give two ****s about webOS. The truth is most of them aren't even knowledgeable about what webOS can do. I doubt most of them have even TRIED out the touchpad.

How can best buy sell something when they aren't even marketing it at all really and are basically calling it a piece of ****?

-Toaster
    grappler likes this.
    <threads merged>
    two things I get out of this-

best buy should know better, if indeed they ordered that many units...you would think they know the touchpad won't sell itself. Yes hp has to advertise, but best buy has to push the product big time as well.

2nd...I have a touchpad...I have an ipad2 at home too...its a big version of my ipod touch. So its not a novelty to me. It IS a big ipod touch. I love those devices...but hands down the touchpad is a pleasure to use. To all the unsold devices...its a shame, because people don't know what they are missing out on!
    anything negative got swept under the rug, dinial, locked, delete or closed. oh forgot moved or merged.

did i miss anything else?
    I posted this as a main page comment, thought I would post it here as well:

This story is obviously very negative news for HP and the Touchpad, true or not. The problem doesn't appear to be just HP, though, it is tablets in general.
    The Register UK publication yesterday published an article that said that the retail channel analyst company Context, which tracks actual sales out data, should 15,000 Touchpads sold in Western Europe in July - 12,000 in the UK. (I don't know where they have even released the Touchpad in other areas of Europe). Here is kicker:
    "Regionally, the next highest selling vendors were ACER and ASUS, that shipped 8,000 and 7,000 respectively." We can assume that these sales are for the ACER Iconia and the ASUS Transformer. Keep in mind that the Samsung Tab is banned in Europe due to a patent injunction obtained by Apple, so it can't get any Android tablet sales there, and the demand has probably shifted to ACER and ASUS. Therefore, in July, HP sold as many Touchpads as all Android tablets from ASUS and ACER (and Samsung) in Europe.
    In contrast, Apple sold 160,000 tablets last month in Europe. This is before the price cut.
    People don't want tablets, they want iPads • reghardware