Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By palmpre06062009
  1.    #1  
    From today's WSJ

BY IAN SHERR

Hewlett-Packard Co. wants to persuade appliance and car manufacturers to use its webOS operating system in their products. But the software's late arrival to the market and relatively small footprint are prompting companies to pause before licensing the platform.

In June, Leo Apotheker, chief executive of the electronics giant based in Palo Alto, Ctalif., said his company plans to begin talks with various companies to gauge interest in webOS, which powers H-P's TouchPad tablet computers and Pre smartphones.

H-P says webOS, which uses touch commands and connects to the Internet, can make machines easier to use while adding functionality that ...
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Thanks for the info, though brief in content, but worthy of consideration. Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    don't have the wsj subscription. Was hoping somebody here has it and can post the remaining article.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    don't have the wsj subscription. Was hoping somebody here has it and can post the remaining article.
    I was hoping the same thing. I would like to read the remainder of the article as well.
    <<article moved to HP webOS News forum>>
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    u can walk to your newsstand and purchase one =P
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    u can walk to your newsstand and purchase one =P
    My newsstand closed down - it couldn't compete with web based media
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    WebOS is perfect for cars...Kitchen appliances? Cars yes.
    The application is excellent no doubt but I heard in news that Apple won't license its OS for use on non-Apple hardware, so it not allowed to install.
    WebOS toasters FTW!